Radiology RN – Cath Lab
AdventHealth – 60 Memorial Medical Parkway, Palm Coast, FL 32164
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- $15,000 Sign-On Bonus, $3,000 Relocation Available*
- Career Growth and Advancement Potential
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : FT Days
The role you’ll contribute: The Radiology Nurse is responsible for the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients within the Imaging department This position requires intimate knowledge of both departmental and hospital policies and procedures relating to the field of Interventional and diagnostic radiology as well as routine nursing procedures. Uses the nursing skills of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in their patient care delivery. Primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate, and cost effective nursing care while the patient is in the Imaging department. This performance is in compliance with established policies, procedures and protocols under the supervision of the Imaging Manager, Director and VP of Operations.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Assist physicians performing procedures:
· Prepping and draping the patient if needed.
· Passing instruments, guide wires, catheters, etc. if needed.
· Monitoring patient blood pressure, Oxygen levels and pulse as directed by physician.
· Maintains integrity and sterility of equipment and supplies throughout the procedure.
· Recognizes and communicates any changes in patient condition to the physician during the procedure.
· Documents accurate and pertinent data concerning the patient’s condition during the procedure, and reports data to appropriate person.
· Prepares patient in a timely fashion and notifies physician promptly.
· Demonstrates a working knowledge of drugs commonly used in the Imaging department for special procedures.
· Utilizes knowledge and skills in giving safe and effective patient care:
· Identifies the total needs of the patients.
· Ensures proper procedure and precautions are followed.
· Plans for and maintains a clean, orderly, and safe environment for the patient.
· Carries out those activities delegated by the physician, which concern medications, treatment, and diagnostic measures.
· Monitors patients who are transported to the department for routine procedures in order to maintain continuation of care to the patient while in the Imaging department.
· Cares for specimens properly and handles their disposal correctly.
· Transportation of patients
· Demonstrates and practices proper protection measures to ensure radiation safety to self, fellow employees, visitors and physicians.
· Assists with ordering and stocking procedure rooms with supplies and equipment necessary to perform all special procedures in the Imaging departments.
· Assist with providing for in-service training of professional personnel such as CPR.
· May be required to work longer than regularly scheduled shift when situation requires.
· May be required to assist in areas other than regularly assigned areas as needed.
· Function in accordance with specific policies and procedures within the scope of services for all patient populations unless specified otherwise; adolescent, adult, and geriatric for the Imaging department and upon the order of the medical staff.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree.
· Internship and/or preceptorship required dependent upon nursing experience.
· Unit specific competency must be met per orientation pathways.
· Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required.
· Active Florida RN license required.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Palm Coast
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23033183
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 60 MEMORIAL MEDICAL PKWY
Pay Range: $30.94 - $44.2
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Job ID: 23033183
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day