AdventHealth Registered Nurse Cardiac Rehab Palm Coast in Palm Coast, Florida
Registered Nurse Cardiac Rehab PRN AdventHealth Palm Coast
Location Address: 60 Memorial Medical Parkway Palm Coast, Florida 32164
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Palm Coast
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of Palm Coast.
- PRN Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Provides initial assessment and care plan as follows:
- Advises patients of anticipated gain and possible risks associated with program, obtains prerequisite written order diagnostics and informed consent.
- Develops individualized, result-oriented plan of care in corporation with client, referring physician.
- Evaluates new cardiac patients to obtain accurate medical history, identify cardiopulmonary risk factors and determine psychosocial disease manifestation.
- Completes assigned data collection, documents patient outcomes and otherwise demonstrates progress towards benchmarks.
- Provides formal and informal instruction in rehabilitation concepts under the direction of the manager of cardiac rehabilitation and wellness. Focuses on cardiac anatomy and proper nutrition, medication usage, physical retraining and life style modification.
- Explains and demonstrates appropriate use of exercise equipment.
- Motivates the patient and guides the rehabilitation process.
- Modifies patient program according to individual progress.
- Addresses patient and family concerning recovery potential and program protocol.
- Performs ongoing patient assessments to include:
- Monitors EKG and interprets to assure patient is in a stable cardiac rhythm.
- Monitors blood pressure to assure patient is stable hemodynamically for exercise.
- Performs pulse oximetry and checks breath sounds to assure patient not compromised in pulmonary cardiac capacity.
- Checks incisions to assure incisions are well healed without signs of infection.
- Monitors patient for signs of congestive heart failure to assure patient safety.
Demonstrates competency in all procedures within scope of practice, as appropriate to the age of the patient served, and maintains a knowledge of the development with an understanding of the range of treatment by diagnosis needed by these patients:
- Documents in accordance with insurance guidelines/requirements and posts charges accordingly in Cerner/series.
- Documents in Cerner, accurately reflecting treatment provided, and utilizing approved format/abbreviations to allow for continuity of care.
- Selects appropriate charge for treatment intervention based on CPT code definition.
- Posts charges accurately via computer to reflect each treatment provided.
- Recognizes and appropriately responds or alerts physician to any changes in patient condition resulting from the disease process and/or induced by exercise.
- Checks crash cart daily to assure ACLS drugs available.
- Responds to emergency situations promptly and appropriately.
- Recognizes and reports significant arrhythmia, respiratory distress and acute changes.
- Performs CPR according to American Heart Association guidelines.
- Assists with the development of cardiac rehab policies and procedures.
Demonstrates the ability for clinical problem solving, decision making and establishing effective rapport/communication with personnel, patient’s families, physicians and colleagues, managed care organizations/insurance personnel.
Reviews medical record including radiology and lab results.
- Measures and monitors vitals for determination of medical stability for treatment.
What You Will Need:
- A minimum of two years of nursing experience is required with at least one year of cardiac rehab experience preferred. Training programs in Smoking Cessation, Exercise Technology, Risk factor modification, and Nutrition may supplement experience
- Must be a registered nurse licensed to practice in the State of Florida.
- Certification in Advanced Life Support (ACLS), Basic Life Support (BLS), and AIDS education are required.
Assists with the planning and implementation of outpatient cardiac rehab and education programs for adult and geriatric populations. Achieves optimal recovery and promotes life-long wellness through exercises and education. Adheres to Florida Hospital’s Corporate Compliance plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Palm Coast
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.