AdventHealth Registered Nurse Clinical Educator PRN Days in Palm Coast, Florida
Location Address: 60 Memorial Medical Parkway Palm Coast, FL 32614
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Competitive hourly pay
- High quality of life, low cost of living on the sunny shores of Palm Coast, FL
- PRN Days
- Under the direction of the Education Department Manager, performs duties as designated in compliance with established FHMMC and AHS mission, policies and procedures. Consults with Education Department Manager, inpatient Managers and Directors as needed.
- Develops and coordinates programs for healthcare staff within FHMMC and is responsible for coordinating a cost effective orientation program for nursing personnel.
- Responsibilities include facilitating, coordinating, and evaluating education programs in designated area of specialty, including Continuing Education programs in areas such as Nursing, Radiology, Respiratory, and Lab. Continuing Education Units are provided for these courses in adherence with the Board requirements for each stated discipline.
- Develops, coordinates, and evaluates educational programs and learning experiences relative to but not limited to new equipment, medications, changes in policies and procedures, advances in clinical practice, corporate compliance, HIPAA, and any other pertinent topics. Programs are publicized through the Education Department Newsletter, Education Calendar, E-Mail, Personal invitations, Net-Learning software, and signs in designated areas.
- Regularly works with Managers and Directors in multiple hospital areas to facilitate staff competency. Assistance is noted through providing AHA BLS training classes, ACLS Simulator, coordination of Annual Nursing Skills Fair, Review and Revision of Clinical Services policies and procedures, and competency assessment training.
- Identifies and prioritizes learning needs of all levels of staff. Needs are assessed using Annual Needs Assessment Surveys, PI studies, Organization vision, aggregated data, identified problems, regulatory agency requirements, and recommendations from Medical or Nursing staff.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in area of clinical specialty.
- BS degree preferred in Nursing with equivalent experience in that specialty considered.
- Clinical Experience required in area of specialty.
- Education or presentation experience of six months.
- Active Florida RN license required or active multi-state RN license
- Current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Current AHA Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
Develops and coordinates programs for healthcare staff in compliance with the various State of Florida healthcare professional boards as well as the FHMMC and AHS mission, policies and procedures. Performs duties as assigned by Department Manager.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.