AdventHealth Registered Nurse Dialysis PRN Days Palm Coast in Palm Coast, Florida
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of Palm Coast.
- PRN Days
- Rinse, prime and position all appropriate equipment, attach all required tubing, prepare dialysate, calibrate and check alarms, set monitors and perform a system check as required.
- Provide the highest level of critical acute nursing care to ensure patient safety, comfort, and well being
- Perform patient assessment prior to treatment and proceed with treatment based on such assessments and physician’s orders.
- Obtain blood samples and other specimens as indicated by patient’s condition or as ordered.
- Administer appropriate medications, blood and blood products ordered by the physician and/or as stated in polices.
- Assess, evaluate and provide care for patients related to blood pressure and weight changes or other physical conditions, access patency, lab values, dialysate composition, blood and fluid flows.
- Complete nursing notes after every dialysis treatment.
- Notify the physician when appropriate. Communicate with patient’s primary nurse.
- Administer treatment as indicated, including medications, use of oxygen and other therapeutic measures. Monitor blood pressure every 30 minutes or less.
- Clean and dress access sites and other wounds in close proximity to the access site that may potentially contaminate the access using appropriate aseptic techniques.
- Current Florida Registered Nurse licensure required.
- Current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Current AHA Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Minimum one-year RN Experience in Critical Care
To utilize the nursing process in the direction and administration of Hemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis, and Apheresis as appropriate. This performance is in compliance with established structure, standards, process standards and protocols under the supervision of the Nursing Director, Nurse Manager, Clinical Leader or ADON. The Registered Nurse will ensure the delivery of safe and effective patient care as defined by Adventist Health Systems and Advent Health standards of nursing care and is consistent with the therapies of other disciplines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.