AdventHealth Registered Nurse ICU FT Nights Sign On Bonus 10,000 Relocation Available in Palm Coast, Florida
Register Nurse ICU FT Days Palm Coast
60 Memorial Medical Parkway, Palm Coast
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Palm Coast
Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
$10,000.00 Sign on Bonus, $3000.00 relocation incentive
Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
Career growth and advancement potential
High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
HOURS: FT NIGHTS 7PM-7AM
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
· Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
· Observes and monitors patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
· Utilizes clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
· Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
· Initiates use of restraints per hospital policy and procedures. Demonstrates commitment in the use of safe and appropriate alternatives prior to the application of any patient restraint device. Maintains competency in the application, monitoring and care of the patient in restraints.
· Demonstrates critical-thinking skills when analyzing basic and advanced cardiac rhythms in a safe, competent and independent manner (Unit Specific).
· Consistently develops an appropriate plan of care for patient from admission to discharge.
· Develops, prioritizes, and documents a plan of care that is individualized and involves patient, family, and/or significant other in goal setting per unit standards.
· Demonstrates knowledge and ability in the preparation of patients for tests, procedures and surgeries ordered.
· Establishes appropriate implementation of nursing actions to ensure competent nursing care is delivered.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
·Must be able to use a high level of abstract reasoning to assess patient, evaluate interventions, and revise plan of care according to patient outcomes.
·Basic computer skills – must be able to navigate Microsoft windows based programs.
·Must be fluent in English (read, verbal and written skills)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
·Prior hospital/acute care nursing experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
·Graduate of school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree or diploma.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
·Active Florida RN license required or active multi-state RN license
·Current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
·Current AHA Advanced Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and/or Emergency Nurses Trauma Nursing Core Class (TNCC) Certifications may be required upon hire for certain departments. Refer to facility policy.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
·National certification in areas of practice
·Member of national professional Organization
·Participates in orientation and training of co-workers, students and new employees
·Supervises and delegates care given by members of the health care team
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION
1.Exhibits ICARE values and SHARE skills in all interpersonal contacts. Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with customers and populations served, including:
•External business associates
2.Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills; maintains required level of confidentiality; interacts effectively with employees at all levels.
3.Conforms to all Adventist Health System and East Florida policies and procedures including but not limited to:
•Rules of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.