AdventHealth Registered Nurse Radiation Oncology RFP PT Palm Coast in Palm Coast, Florida
Registered Nurse Radiation Oncology RFP AdventHealth Palm Coast
Location Address: 60 Memorial Medical Parkway Palm Coast, Florida 32164
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Palm Coast
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of Palm Coast.
- Great benefits
- PT Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Provides safe and effective patient care under direction of the physician and/or nurse manager.
- Escorts patients from waiting area into exam room. Obtains and records vital signs following traditional techniques.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of patients presenting for care, utilizing guidelines established by Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician.
- Documents and administers immunizations and therapeutic injections, as well as medications, under the supervision of the physician.
- Schedules patients for procedures, diagnostic testing or specialists, as directed by the physician.
- Assists physician with office procedures.
- Performs venipuncture and stat lab work, as ordered by the physician, during the patient visit. Prepares specimens for outside lab testing.
- Documents patient information in medical record that includes observation, care administered, results of diagnostic tests, and patient’s response, when indicated.
- Relays laboratory and x-ray results to patients, via telephone or mail, as directed by the physician. Maintains a log of diagnostic tests, ordered and received, as well as notification of patient.
- Accepts and communicates all telephone messages to the physician.
- Demonstrates competence in the performance of all patient care duties.
- Coordinates the physician’s workday and interacts with patients to resolve issues as appropriate.
- Communicates patient care concerns to appropriate personnel, bringing situations out of his/her realm to the attention of the supervisor.
- Upon request, communicates physician directions to patient via return telephone calls.
- Provides follow-up by telephoning patient/family to check on condition.
- Provides and documents patient/family teaching based on an assessment of needs, as directed by the physician.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of medical equipment, as appropriate, within the scope of the practice.
What You Will Need:
- Current Florida Registered Nurse licensure required.
- BLS/CPR certification required.
- Oncology experience.
The Radiation Oncology office nurse demonstrated a cancer specific knowledge base and clinical expertise in cancer care to provide nursing care to patients receiving Radiation Therapy under the direction of the physician and/or nurse manager in compliance with established standards and protocols of the practice and Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center goals and objectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.