AdventHealth Registered Nurse Radiation Therapy FT Days in Palm Coast, Florida
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of Palm Coast.
- Excellent health benefits
- Full Time Days
- Provides safe and effective patient care under direction of the physician and/or department manager
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician
- Including vital signs, administration of therapeutic injections, and medications; initiation and monitoring of IV therapy; wound cleaning and application of dressings; and assisting the physician with office procedures
- Coordinates scheduling of diagnostic tests and provides follow-up via telephone to patient/family
- Telephones or faxes prescription requests to pharmacies as directed by the physician and communicates same to patients
- Relays laboratory and x-ray results to patients, via telephone or mail, as directed by the physician
- Maintains a log of diagnostic tests, ordered and received, as well as notification of patient
- Collects and organizes diagnostic test results, pertinent medical record information from referring or consulting physicians, transcribed and/ or written radiation oncologist reports/notes and nursing assessments in the medical record to support timely and effective patient office visits
- Provides and documents patient/family teaching based on an assessment of needs, as directed by the physician
- Maintains a safe patient care environment through: control and maintenance of biohazardous waste and sharps; assisting patients with safe ambulation techniques and tools; cleaning and maintaining patient care equipment and exam rooms
- Maintains responsibility for clinical aspect of practice
- Assumes responsibility for inventory control of clinical supplies, ensuring adequate levels are kept, and organized, on an ongoing basis
- Unpacks and verifies proper receipt of supplies, handling any necessary returns, rejections, etc.
- Current Florida Registered Nurse licensure required.
- Current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Current AHA Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Minimum 1 year nursing experience
The Radiation Oncology Department nurse demonstrates medical-surgical nursing skills along with knowledge and clinical expertise in cancer care to provide nursing care to patients receiving Radiation Therapy. This is done under the direction of the physician and/or department manager in compliance with established nursing practice standards and protocols of Florida Hospital Flagler.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.