AdventHealth Sterile Processing Manager Days in Palm Coast, Florida
SPD Manager AdventHealth Palm Coast
Location Address: 60 Memorial Medical Pkwy, Palm Coast, FL 32164
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Palm Coast
- $10,000 sign on and $3,000 relo
- Immediate health benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assumes twenty-four (24) hour accountabilities for the management of SPD and all phases of the sterilization process within the organization. Oversees and coordinates supply management in SPD, Endoscopy and Anesthesia sites. Collaborates with Operating Room leadership on supply management in the applicable Surgical Areas.
- Oversees and participates in development of policies and procedures which reflect current standards and regulatory requirements. Interprets policies for staff and physicians.
- Communicates, investigates and follows up significant /unusual issues, incidents or trends. Brings significant issues to the Assistant Director and Executive Director.
- Promotes positive physician/staff relationships through example, one on one discussion and general approach to interactions.
- Actively participates in process improvement within Sterile Processing and Surgical Services.
- Responsible for the human resources functions of the department.
- Responsible for the recruitment, interviewing and selection as well as development, counseling, evaluation and discipline of SPD and Anesthesia Supply Support personnel. Anticipates vacancies when possible. Establishes staffing patterns utilizing guidelines that address volume, level of competency and utilization.
What You Will Need:
- Must be computer literate.
- Surgical and medical supply knowledge required.
- Experience with surgical instrumentation and equipment
- Associate Degree in Healthcare related field required within 6 months of hire
- Five years’ experience in the Sterile Processing or surgical field.
Under the limited supervision of the Assistant Director and Executive Director of Surgical Services this position is responsible for the management and clinical activities of SPD and collaboration of supply management in MOR, Anesthesia and Endoscopy. Responsible to adhere to and the assurance that the staff adhere to the Adventist Health System Corporate Compliance Plan, to the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Palm Coast
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.