AdventHealth Student Nurse Tech M/S Surgical PRN Day Shift in Palm Coast, Florida
- Join a Faith-Based, Non-Profit Healthcare Organization
- Gain Experience in the Hospital and Network with Nursing Staff
- Determine Area of Interest for GN program and Future RN Positions
- Flexible Scheduling Around School Schedule
- Career Growth and Development
- Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective care routine and activities of daily living (ADL’s). Assists patients with their activities of daily living including but not limited to basic hygiene, skin care, nutritional and dietary needs, elimination needs, physical activity needs and all comfort measures. Maintains respect and privacy at all times.
- Obtain and document vital signs per unit standards. Report abnormal finding to the licensed nurse in a prompt manner.
- Collects lab specimens as directed, per hospital standards
- Collects, reports and accurately documents intake and output information for assigned patient areas.
- Ensures personal hygiene and comfort care is delivered to all patients
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Must be Currently Enrolled in an Approved School of Nursing Program
- Current BLS through AHA
May perform the duties in compliance with the role and responsibilities specific to the Nurse Technician in which demonstrated competency in nursing school and under the direct observation of a licensed nurse (RN/LPN). Primary function is to assist with the basic care needs of the patient as well as to perform as assigned clinical skills which may include but are not limited to: basic care routines and procedures, vital signs, accucheck skills. Proactively functions as a team member in the delivery of safe, competent, therapeutic and cost effective patient care. Will assist in the care of the following patient populations; geriatrics, adult, adolescent and pediatric patients. Adheres to the essential practices for excellence in hand hygiene. Responsible to adhere to the Corporate Compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.