AdventHealth Medical Front Office Assistant: AdventHealth Medical Group West FL: North Pinellas in Palm Harbor, Florida
Medical Front Office Assistant: AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Location Address: Tarpon Springs, FL
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
- Rollover PDO with service year increases in accrual
- Comprehensive benefits package; including tuition reimbursement and matching 403b plan
- Patient facing positions receiving company paid initial sets of scrubs
- Company Discount programs
- Growing Organization
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Provides back up to all front office positions; check in, check out, and medical records
- Provides data and assistance to Practice Manager / Office Coordinator as required
- Communicates in a cordial, professional manner with patients via phone and in person to meet the patient’s needs as soon as possible
- Sets up office for daily operation by turning on computers, ensuring schedules are printed, and retrieving voice mail messages
- Maintains correspondence, including: progress notes and new patient packets
- Updates referring physician database when necessary
- Assesses new patient files waiting to be seen and appropriately handles old patient files
- Assembles/creates charts for new patients, ensuring policy of noting allergy warnings and two methods of identification are followed
- Verifies patient data and insurance to ensure it is updated for accurate billing, inputting updated information into system as required
- Constructs insurance copies for proper insurance verification with new patients as requested
- Assists with correspondence in obtaining medical necessity letters to appropriate insurance company or business entity
- Enters charges for daily reconciliation
- Handles patient concerns or refers to administration appropriately
- Assists patient via scheduling to obtain appointment as a first time patient and handles reschedule list when necessary
- Fills patient cancellation slots efficiently in keeping schedules booked for the practitioners
- Assists in pulling scripts, labs, charts for triage. Communicates with practitioners clearly and accurately
- Maintains updated documentation of identified action work lists needed for daily operations
What You Will Need:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Proficient with computer programs with word processing: PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills by effectively communicating with all levels of management, staff and outside vendors
- Strong emphasis on organizational skills and strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Ability to deal with data that is of a sensitive and confidential nature (HIPAA).
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Displays professional interactions with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Provides operational office support in delivery of patient care in a physician office environment. Responsible for answering phones, scheduling appointments, processing medical records, scheduling out-patient procedures, check-in and check-out patients, insurance verification and obtaining referrals & authorizations from Primary Care Physician and/or insurance carrier.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.