AdventHealth Billing Account Coordinator in Port Charlotte, Florida
Billing Account Coordinator AdventHealth Corporate
Location Address: 18501 Murdock Circle Suite 501 Port Charlotte, FL 33948
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Corporate
- Great benefits
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Full-Time, Monday – Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Submit claims to insurance companies by appropriately clearing any system edits.
- Provides effective follow up with insurance companies to inquire about outstanding payment.
- Responsible for working denials and formatting appeals.
- Documents appropriate level of detail to maintain a record of all resolution attempts and activities.
- Maintains acceptable standard of account balances >90 days and reduced days in A/R.
- Demonstrates flexibility in responding to priorities and organizational change.
- Demonstrates the ability to work under pressure and follow through on assignments despite setbacks.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 - 12 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year or more of health care billing experience, preferred
This position is responsible for the timely billing of paper and electronic hospice or home health claims on the appropriate claim format, the collection of all appropriate cash, processing of adjustments, appropriate notes and processing accounts for collections following departmental processes. Clear communication verbally and in writing is required to address payment issues. Involves working insurance denials and the research of underpayments and overpayments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.