AdventHealth Cook Part Time in Port Orange, Florida
Cook Part Time AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway, Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach:
Great benefits, including health insurance coverage and education reimbursement
Competitive Hourly Rate
- Amazing Organization to work for
- Career growth and advancement potential
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Follows culinary production records in the preparation of patients and retail food production.
- Small batch cooks and/or cooks to order to ensure quality and temperature of food.
- Checks prep/pull sheets for the following day and pulls/preps foods as needed.
- Prepares attractive and palatable food for patient therapeutic and regular diets in quantities dictated by the food production sheets and room service tickets.
- Prepares food for the cafe and catering.
- Set up and garnish patient and cafe steam tables; may also participate in set up and/or serving of catering.
- Maintains sanitary conditions of floors, stove, worktables and other equipment used in the performance of duties; records temperatures appropriately following HACCP Guidelines.
- Assists in putting up stock and maintains rotation of stock, keeps storage areas organized and sanitary, with all foods labeled and dated.
- Minimizes waste of food by following production sheets and correct portioning of food, as well as through rotation of stock and appropriate handling and storage of all food.
- Attends culinary production meetings for effective team communication.
- Any other tasks as assigned by a manager; communicate with manager and other staff to ensure overall organizational needs are met.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- One year of foodservice experience in a high volume culinary production capacity.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of cooking methods is needed.
- Must have ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instruction in English.
Under the direct supervision of the FANS management team, the cook is responsible for the handling and preparation of food in accordance with established recipes, sanitation regulations, and following all HACCP Guidelines of the Department.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.