AdventHealth Medical Technologist FT Nights $5,000 Sign On and $3,000 Relocation Bonus Available in Port Orange, Florida
- Obtains or receives specimens, performs a variety of standardized tests including advanced and specialized tests using techniques and equipment.
- Interprets results as to accuracy, acceptability and critical limits.
- Enters data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results into medical record within required timeframes.
- Conducts maintenance, performance checks and calibrates instruments in one or more laboratory area.
- Recognizes biohazards specimens and processes the specimen accordingly.
- Evaluates media, reagents and standards according to established criteria.
- Conducts established quality control procedures on analytical tests, instruments, reagents, media and other products.
- Evaluates results of quality control, implements corrective action when indicated, and documents action.
- Assesses the validity of laboratory results through correlation of data with patient chart information.
- Anticipates and recognized errors, responding in an appropriate manner.
- Assists with and may supervise training of Medical Technology students and/or new employees
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of laboratory procedures as they relate to specific age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric).
- Fulfills other position responsibilities on a temporary basis or to expand current duties by updating the position description.
- Mandatory CBL compliance
- Mandatory Fire training
- Computer proficiency required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or a Bachelor’s degree in a related science with approved clinical laboratory scientist training required OR Associate’s Degree with at least two years of experience.
- One year hospital experience in a clinical laboratory setting required.
- Active Florida License as a Generalist Medical Technologist or Specialist Medical Technologist in one or more areas of the Laboratory required, or an Associate degree in Medical Technology
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.