AdventHealth Physical Therapy Assistant OP Rehab Port Orange in Port Orange, Florida
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Centra Care
- Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to help heal people in mind body and spirit.
- Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family.
- Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development opportunities.
- Recognized for the seventh year in a row as a recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award as part of the AdventHealth network.
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across the nation.
- Based on the findings and goals established by the Physical Therapist evaluation, the Therapist Assistant implements an individualized treatment plan of care utilizing Practice Standards and recommended techniques, insurance guidelines and patient’s needs. Modifies treatment plan as appropriate based upon on-going assessments and consultation with the Physical Therapist.
- Collects patient data and communicates to the Physical Therapist regarding discharge recommendations when maximum benefit has been achieved and/or according to the standards of practice and payer guidelines.
- Documents accurately, completely, and timely with legible handwriting. Uses measurable and objective terminology, following standards of practice, insurance guidelines and department /hospital policy and procedures.
- Charges patients accurately, timely and legibly according to guidelines of the CPT code format, price file and according to insurance guidelines.
- Utilizes knowledge of growth and development for assigned patient age population. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior, motor skills and physiological norms of the patient. Interprets data relative to patient age. Modifies approach and communication skills appropriate to the patient served, which may include: Neonate/Infant (birth < 1), Pediatric (1 < 12 yrs), Adolescent (12 < 18 yrs), Adult (18 < 65 yrs) and Geriatric (65 + yrs).
- Associate’s degree in Physical Therapy
- Current valid State of Florida license as a Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Temporary State of Florida permit as Physical Therapist Assistant*
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
The Physical Therapy/Therapist Assistant provides direct and indirect services to specific age groups in the acute care, inpatient and/or outpatient rehabilitation settings. Utilizes process improvement in achieving the goals of the Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine Department. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies, and accrediting bodies. May supervise other Physical Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapist Assistant interns, technical aides and volunteers. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.