Mammography Technologist – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Part Time
Shift: Thursday and Friday 7:30am-7:00pm
Location: 5675 Roe Blvd, Roeland park, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
Performs Mammographic imaging procedures. Assists Radiologist in performance of Biopsies and other procedures. Performs X-Ray and DEXA imaging procedures as needed. Positions, moves, and assists patients. Obtains patient’s history. Performs clerical duties. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards. Responsibility to adhere to the hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Routinely examines requisitions, patient reports and previous films. If available, prior to mammographic examinations, for awareness of information such as: procedure requested, patient’s condition, patient history, and any other special notes or comments
· Performs X-Ray and DEXA imaging procedures as needed
· Demonstrates competency in the selection of proper positioning and technical factors in digital mammography to demonstrate appropriate anatomical structures and possible corresponding pathology
· Uses accepted ACR/MQSA and departmental standards of positioning and image quality of mammograms
· Knows ACR QA/QC manual and demonstrates ability to perform these tests regularly as required
· Knows MQSA Quality Standards for Mammographers and maintains education units as required. By MQSA. State License, And ARRT
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Completion of an accredited radiological technology program
· American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
· Basic Life Support (BLS)
· State license in Radiography
· American Registry of Radiologic Technologist Radiology (ARRT) (R) AND American Registry Radiologic Technologist Mammography (ARRT) (R) (M)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23036453
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Part-time
Pay Range: $25.112 - $40.178
Location: Roeland Park, KS
Job ID: 23036453
Job Family: Radiology/Imaging
Shift: 1 - Day