All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: 501 Redmond Rd NW, Rome, GA 30165
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Redmond
The role you’ll contribute: The Social Work Specialist intervenes with patients who have complex psychosocial needs, require assistance with eligibility determination for social programs and funding sources and qualify for community assistance from a variety of special funds and agencies, and/or require assistance with transitions of care or discharge planning. In addition, offer crisis intervention to patients and families with psychosocial needs and coordinates and facilitates the development of a discharge plan of care for high-risk patient populations. This role will receive referrals for individuals from at-risk populations from interdisciplinary team members (including physicians, RN Care Managers, staff nurses, and other members of the care team).
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Assesses patient’s and family’s psychosocial risk factors through evaluation of prior functioning levels, appropriateness and adequacy of support systems, reaction to illness and ability to cope
· Intervenes with patients and families regarding emotional, social, and financial consequences of illness and/or disability; accesses and mobilizes family/community resources to meet identified needs.
· Serves as a resource to provide information and intervention related to treatment decisions and end-of-life issues.
· Provides grief counseling and crisis intervention skills.
· Advocates for patient and family empowerment and independence to make autonomous health care decisions and access needed services within the healthcare system.
· Provides de-escalation services for patients as appropriate.
· Provide Motivational Interview techniques for patients with substance use and addictive disorders.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Bachelors in social work
· Minimum two (2) years’ experience in hospital/medical social work
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Case Management
Organization: AdventHealth Redmond
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23024354
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 501 REDMOND RD NW
Pay Range: $20.69 - $31.03
Location: Rome, GA
Job ID: 23024354
Job Family: Case Management
Shift: 1 - Day