All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Varies
Location: AdventHealth – Rome GA
The role you’ll contribute:
Responsible for providing routine and complex wound care to various types of patients seen by this service in accordance with accepted Praxis Clinical Practice Guidelines. Responsible for total patient care, including venipunctures, ear irrigation, invasive and non-invasive monitoring, quality control of equipment, wound care, accurate and timely record keeping. Manages patients’ plan of care collaborating with the staff and other disciplines within the unit (i.e., completes/coordinates patient assessment, develops/monitors outcomes based on plan of care, coordinates and implements plan of care, evaluates outcomes and monitors variances). Provides hands-on expert care to patients and is accountable for managing patient care in order to meet optimal outcomes. Responsible for cross training to provide delivery of acute and chronic wound care, and Wound Care Center admission assessment in accordance with Clinical Practice Guidelines
· The nurse is responsible for execution of the Nursing Process, Assessment, Diagnosis, Outcome identification, Planning, Implementation, Evaluations
· The RN practices in accordance to the established Georgia Nurse Practice Act and law.
· The RN is responsible for maintain general mandatories established by Gordon Hospital and any department-specific mandatories, as deemed necessary for practice within that setting.
· The RN is responsible for legal, ethical practice. The nurse serves as a patient advocate in accordance with the patient bill of rights. The nurse is responsible for compliance with regulatory standards pertinent to nursing practice.
· The RN must remain flexible to changing systems, is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and treats staff, physician, patients and families with consideration ad respect.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Understands and provides appropriate care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients with difficult or chronic wounds including timely completion and accurate documentation of detailed wound assessments, consistent wound photography and total patient care to determine and care for the causes of non-healing.
· Demonstrates proper technique for specialty dressings and procedures.
· Maintains strict infection control standards within own practice and guidance for the practices of non-RN associates.
· Plan, implement and document education for patients with difficult or chronic wounds utilizing team members, departmental tools and other resources efficiently. Education and instructions should be clear enough to minimize follow-up calls and inquiries.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Nursing degree from an accredited nursing school BSN. Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Georgia.
· Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and effectively with patients, visitors, staff and physicians.
· Basic Wound Care course within six (6) months of employment.
· Strong demonstrated ability in assessment, analytical decision making and critical thinking.
· ACLS within 1 years of hire
· PALS within 18 months of hire
· Nursing degree from an accredited nursing school (BSN preferred). Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Georgia.
· Critical care nursing.
· Wound Care experience.
· Completes Basic Wound Care course within six months of employment.
· Familiarity with PC’s and computerized nursing systems and tools or demonstrated ability to learn.
· Good organization, delegation and communication skills to facilitate efficient patient care.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Redmond
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23027003
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 501 REDMOND RD NW
Pay Range: $41 - $41
Location: Rome, GA
Job ID: 23027003
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day