AdventHealth CNA Hospice PT Days in San Marcos, Texas
CNA Hospice Central Texas Medical Center
Location Address: 1301 Wonder World Dr., San Marcos, TX 78666
Top Reasons to Work At Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos, TX
Live in the Texas Hill Country that includes small towns and big appetites within a 30 minute drive to Austin and also includes living near the San Marcos River for tons of aquatic fun.
Located near Colleges and Universities to expand your career by offering Tuition reimbursement and includes many low-cost living environment choices.
CTMC's CREATION Health Institute at http://www.ctmc.org/care-services/creation-health-institute was created to provide information, education, health screenings and events that emphasize a healthy lifestyle. Offerings such as HealthCheck, disease management, support groups, women's health, nutrition, healthy living for seniors and children's health are provided to the public for free or a minimal fee.
LeapFrog grade “A” for patient safety and prides itself in safety for all patients, visitors and employees. Also, recognized for a 6 th year of “Most Wired Health System”, Click here to review other prestigious awards: http://www.ctmc.org/about-us/awards-and-recognitions
Support the spiritual state of mind of the patient by praying with them and educating families during visits to explain the important element of the healing process.
Part Time / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Function in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· Document personal care and patient care activities rendered.
· Communicate pertinent information to the Hospice Manager, RN Case Manager and other team members.
· Participate in team meetings or review meetings as assigned.
· Participate in upgrading knowledge and skills through attendance at selected staff development programs.
· Attend in-service training as scheduled, but at least 12 hours annually.
· Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
· Works weekends on a rotating basis as scheduled.
· Complete related tasks as assigned.
· Responsible for implementation of the plan of care as directed by the RN case manager and according to the standards care of CTMC Hospice.
· Is able to perform basic CNA functions in nursing facility and home settings.
· Acts as personal care provider by attending to ongoing patient needs including, but not limited to, vital signs, personal care, and ADL's. Performs duties under direction of licensed professional.
What You Will Need:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Current Certified Nursing Assistant in the state of Texas.
· Current Texas State Driver's License
· Proof of current liability insurance on file.
· Current certificate in C.P.R. from the AHA.
· Three to six months related experience and/or training as a home health aide.
· One-year experience as a CNA in a long term care facility or hospital on a medical/surgical floor.
· Home Health/hospice experience.
This position is accountable for assisting the health professional by providing personal health care services and assistance with activities of daily living to the patient as specifically identified in a written assignment and necessary for the accomplishment of patient care plan goals.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Effective communication among employees, and between employees, patients, visitors and supervisors is essential to ensure quality patient care and to avoid misunderstanding, errors and miscommunications which could have a detrimental effect on the health, safety and well-being of patients, their families and co-workers. In addition to these communication and safety concerns, individuals in this position must be able to effectively coordinate with Administrator, Hospice Manager, Hospice Community Educator, Physicians, and other Hospice Staff. Individuals in this position must be able to effectively review patient and related medical records, understand nurse and/or physician verbal and written instructions, read labels of safety information and hazardous chemicals. Therefore, to prevent misunderstandings, errors, and miscommunications in the provision of quality patient care and other job-related services, employees in this position are required to have the capability of fluently speaking, reading, and writing English.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Must have some knowledge and experience in performing the duties associated with hospice aide position.
· Must have some computer experience, working with a healthcare software computer system is desirable.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment; to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner; to work as part of a team as well as to complete assignments independently; to take instruction from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, guest, patients and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.