AdventHealth Nurse Practitioner - Live Oak in San Marcos, Texas
Nurse Practitioner - AdventHealth - San Marcos, TX
Location Address: 1301 Wonder World Dr., San Marcos, TX 78666
Top Reasons to Work At Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos, TX
Live in the Texas Hill Country that includes small towns and big appetites within a 30 minute drive to Austin and also includes living near the San Marcos River for tons of aquatic fun.
Located near Colleges and Universities to expand your career by offering Tuition reimbursement and includes many low-cost living environment choices.
CTMC's CREATION Health Institute at http://www.ctmc.org/care-services/creation-health-institute was created to provide information, education, health screenings and events that emphasize a healthy lifestyle. Offerings such as HealthCheck, disease management, support groups, women's health, nutrition, healthy living for seniors and children's health are provided to the public for free or a minimal fee.
LeapFrog grade “A” for patient safety and prides itself in safety for all patients, visitors and employees. Also, recognized for a 6 th year of “Most Wired Health System”, Click here to review other prestigious awards: http://www.ctmc.org/about-us/awards-and-recognitions
Support the spiritual state of mind of the patient by praying with them and educating families during visits to explain the important element of the healing process.
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Provides care for assigned patients within scope of practice including assessment, ordering and interpreting of diagnostic tests, diagnosis, development of treatment plan, prescribing of medications, and/or referral to specialist when appropriate.
· Completes physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician.
· Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess client’s clinical problems and health care needs.
· Records physical findings, maintains medical records, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on client’s condition.
· Discusses cases with Physician and other health professionals to prepares comprehensive client care plans.
· Submits health care plans and goals of individual clients for periodic review and evaluation by Physician.
· Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
· Refers clients to Physicians for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment or evaluation.
What You Will Need:
· Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
· Successfully completed the study and practicum requirements for Master of Science in Nursing with clinical designation.
· Professional knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and protocols related healthcare.
· Maintains current license as an Advanced Practice Nurse with prescriptive authority by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
· Maintains current physician designation of prescriptive delegation with the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners.
· Current BLS
To provide acute, diagnostic, maintenance and preventive care to pediatric, adult and/or geriatric patients in a primary care setting in accordance with the policies, procedures and approved protocols of the clinic.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.