AdventHealth Registered Nurse - Emergency Department - Mid day - 12p-12a in San Marcos, Texas
Registered Nurse – Emergency Department
Central Texas Medical Center
Location Address: 1301 Wonder World Dr., San Marcos, TX 78666
Top Reasons to Work At Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos, TX
Live in the Texas Hill Country that includes small towns and big appetites within a 30 minute drive to Austin and also includes living near the San Marcos River for tons of aquatic fun.
Located near Colleges and Universities to expand your career by offering Tuition reimbursement and includes many low-cost living environment choices.
CTMC's CREATION Health Institute at http://www.ctmc.org/care-services/creation-health-institute was created to provide information, education, health screenings and events that emphasize a healthy lifestyle. Offerings such as HealthCheck, disease management, support groups, women's health, nutrition, healthy living for seniors and children's health are provided to the public for free or a minimal fee.
LeapFrog grade “A” for patient safety and prides itself in safety for all patients, visitors and employees. Also, recognized for a 6 th year of “Most Wired Health System”, Click here to review other prestigious awards: http://www.ctmc.org/about-us/awards-and-recognitions
Support the spiritual state of mind of the patient by praying with them and educating families during visits to explain the important element of the healing process.
Full Time Mid Day
You Will Be Responsible For:
· The registered nurse is responsible for assessing, evaluating, implementing and planning patient centered care for all assigned patients on the unit during his/her shift according to the standards of care of Central Texas Medical Center.
· Performs basic nursing functions in all care areas of the Emergency Department to include Cardiopulmonary/Trauma Resuscitation and Triaging of patients.
· Completes a rapid initial assessment and a secondary assessment on newly assigned patients arriving to the ED.
· Notifies ED physician when an emergency condition is identified.
· Functions on the code team and trauma team as necessary and assist with stabilization of critically ill patients.
What You Will Need:
Current license as an RN in the state of Texas.
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
Two years related experience and/or training.
Current certificate in BLS
Current certificate in ACLS and PALS or ENPC.
Current certificate in TNCC within 12 months of hire
If enrolled in the CTMC GREAT Program, employee must obtain ACLS, PALS and/or ENPC within 90 days of hire
To provide nursing services, regardless of the age, disability, economic status, gender, national origin, race, religion or health problems of the client served.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.