AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eleven campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, AdventHealth for Children, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park, Waterman, Winter Garden, and AdventHealth for Women
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
Radiation Oncology Specialists- AdventHealth Medical Group
Full Time Opportunity in Sebring, FL
The APRN, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
• Performing physical examinations of patient’s evaluation and treatment of radiation oncology patients in the outpatient and inpatient settings
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Write and/or dictate progress notes, procedure notes, history and physical examination, in accordance with medical policies.
• Evaluate the processes and outcomes to enhance the delivery of excellent, cost-effective health care
• Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
• Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
• Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team including family.
• Documents in a timely and thorough manner.
• Communicates report in an efficient and complete manner.
• Schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm
• Campus: AH Sebring
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills are a must
• Mostly clinic based with some inpatient as they come in
Required Education & Experience:
• Master’s degree in Nursing
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN license
• ANCC, AANP (or equivalent)
• BLS and ACLS required
• ONS Certification preferred
AdventHealth Sebring serves more than 100,000 permanent residents in Highlands and Hardee counties. In winter, the population increases by 40 percent. Located in the heart of the Florida peninsula, AdventHealth Sebring has enjoyed a special place in Avon Park and the surrounding communities for 50 years. It is one of the area’s largest employers. In addition to a 147-bed facility in Sebring, AdventHealth operates a 32-bed satellite facility in Lake Placid and a new 35-bed Critical Access facility in Wauchula. The division also includes several outpatient therapy centers. With a total of 222 beds, more than 1,200 employees and a medical staff of over 150, AdventHealth Sebring serves 87,000 inpatient, outpatient and emergency visits per year. More than 1,000 babies were born at AdventHealth Sebring last year. AdventHealth Sebring is operated in the tradition of Adventist healthcare, which recognizes that total health is achieved through the proper balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. AdventHealth Wauchula became part of Adventist Health System in 1993, providing inpatient, transitional care, outpatient and emergency services in Hardee County.
Florida’s “Heartland” is situated in south-central Florida and filled with rolling hills, pristine lakes and located just under a two-hour drive from Orlando, Tampa, Ft. Myers and Palm Beach. Moderate temperatures and sunny days assure plenty of year-round activities like boating, golfing and tennis, so you won’t need your snow boots and winter parkas here. You can also leave behind bumper-to-bumper traffic, crowded roads and unfriendly neighbors, because in the Heartland we enjoy wide open spaces filled with citrus trees, southern hospitality and a kind, compassionate community. Due to the area’s low cost of living, quality educational opportunities and proximity to Florida’s best shopping, dining, and attractions, Highlands County is projected to sustain double-digit growth rates over the next five years.
Named the fourth most beautiful town in Florida by The Culture Trip travel advisor, Sebring is home to more than 100 freshwater lakes, award-winning golf courses, Highland Hammock State Park and the world-renowned Sebring International Raceway. Founded in 1912 by Ohio industrialist George Sebring, the “City on the Circle” continues to extend small-town hospitality marked by warm traditions and solid values. This charm is balanced with the area’s progressive economic growth.
With small-town charm and miles of citrus groves, rolling green hills and sparkling lakes, Hardee and Highlands Counties is the perfect mix of natural beauty, family and culture.
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: SEB-RadOnc
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Sebring, FL
Job ID: SEB-RadOnc
Job Family: Physician Services