AdventHealth Assistant Nurse Manger Operating Room Full Time Days in Sebring, Florida
Assistant Nurse Manager Operating Room AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time, Day Shift. Four 10-hour shifts plus leadership call.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers-in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
- Promotes and validates TWCE/Leader Rounding compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
- Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
- Adheres to hospital standards for dress and professional appearance.
- Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
- Completes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires.
- Participates in 30, 60 and 90-day evaluations of new staff, and assists in completion of meaningful annual evaluation of existing staff.
- Meets regularly with staff to obtain feedback and provide guidance to improve outcomes.
- Complies with hospital corrective action process.
- Monitors and maintains acceptable compliance with budgets. Monitors Visionware daily and collaborates with Nurse Manager/Director on completing monthly variance report and formulating action plan when necessary.
- Rounds on patients and family members. Provides service recovery when necessary.
- Assists in development of Operating and Capital Budgets
- Facilitates patient flow to and from the units.
- Participates in quality improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
- Implements actions as appropriate based on benchmarks and data specific to the departments.
- In collaboration with the Nurse Manager/Director, continually monitors vacancy and turnover rates.
- Will assist in implementation strategies for staff retention.
- Complete and submit departmental reports monthly.
- Demonstrates accountability by taking responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
- Maintains regulatory agency preparedness.
- Participates in staff development by ensuring education, advancement of staff skills and certifications.
- Serve as mentor and advisor to facilitate professional growth of Unit Staff.
- Plans new projects or expansions, including equipment, staffing and space requirement
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Mental and emotional stability, demonstrating a courteous and calm approach to all contacts with patients, visitors, and health care team members.
- Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within Florida Hospital guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Personal qualities such as kindness, compassion, understanding, integrity, respect, sense of humor, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
- Ability to communicate verbally in English and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective and professional manner.
- Critical thinking / problem solving skills
- Teamwork, tact and conflict resolution
- Organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to provide leadership, direction, and solve complex problems
- Accurate documentation within the electronic medical record
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in clinical skills, multi-tasking, and a professional bedside manner
- Knowledgeable in assigned areas of patient care including health promotion and maintenance
- Minimum of two years acute care nursing experience
- BLS, ACLS within 6 months of hire
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing within 3 years
- BSN preferred
- Two years of experience providing leadership of care team or equivalent (i.e. Team Leader, Clinical Nurse Coordinator) preferred
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- Certification in Specialty area preferred
The Assistant Nurse Manager supervises and coordinates patient care delivery on the assigned nursing
units and is accountable for meeting standards. The Assistant Nurse Manager supports the assigned unit
by planning, directing, and evaluating all nursing service functions and activities for the assigned patient
care unit to ensure delivery of optimal available quality patient care and organizational effectiveness.
The Assistant Nurse Manager completes concurrent chart audits of assigned areas to ensure charting
within the EMR is complete, accurate and specific to the patients' diagnosis, plan of care and core
measures. Ensures that errors and omissions are corrected in a timely manner. Coordinates staff educational needs. Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.