AdventHealth Certified Nursing Assistant Care Partner I Full Time Nights Sebring in Sebring, Florida
Certified Nursing Assistant & Care Partner I AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time Nights 36 Hours Per Week. Shift is 3x12.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists in the patient/family care using established techniques with the multidisciplinary team.
· Follows the principals of AIDET in all patient and family interactions.
· Assists the patient with activities of daily living as ordered by the physician
· Distributes food trays to patients. Assists patient with tray preparation and feeding as required.
· Maintains the patient's environment in manner that promotes cleanliness, patient comfort and patient safety.
· Responds to patient call lights/bells, cares for the needs of the patient according to her/his skill level.
· Prepares the room to receive a new admission: zeros the bed scale, personal care items, linen, vital sign equipment, etc.
· Welcomes new admission, orients patient to room.
· Transfers patients from beds onto stretchers or beds or into wheelchairs with assistance of other patient care personnel when required.
· Ensures patient and personal safety by following proper lifting and patient transporting techniques.
· Provides patients with fresh water at established intervals
Documents personal care, intake and output, vital signs and weights as outlined in policy.
Maintains clinical competency.
· Attends mandatory hospital in-services and continuing education.
· Successful completion of annual skills fair.
- Performs patient care as delegated following hospital policies.
· Participates in the patient/family care, utilizing established techniques as part of the multidisciplinary team
· Incorporates principles of infection control, fire & safety, and biohazardous waste handling into daily routines.
· Maintains clinical competencies for patient population.
· Collects patient specimens (urine, stool, sputum), labels at bedside comparing two unique patient identifiers, and send to lab for analysis according to protocol and communicate to nurse.
· Promptly reports changes in patients’ status to the appropriate RN/LPN promptly.
· Recognizes emergency situations and acts appropriately.
- Maintains current clinical, technical, and professional competencies.
· Accepts responsibility for one’s own professional standards.
· Accepts responsibility for one’s own actions by initiating the incident report mechanisms
· Attends a minimum of 75% of scheduled staff meetings annually.
· Attends mandatory hospital in-services annually.
· Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital policies and standards.
· Demonstrates awareness of the rising costs of healthcare and implements budgetary containment measures.
· Maintains equipment in its proper working condition; identifies malfunctioning equipment and takes appropriate action.
· Seeks and accepts constructive criticism and implements actions designed for self-improvement.
· Assists in the organization and operations of the unit via guidelines, policy, and procedures.
· Performs ordered 12-lead electrocardiogram as directed by RN (Emergency Department only)
May participate as a member of the Patient Care Delivery team that includes: Virtual Care RN, bedside RN & LPN.
Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within AdventHealth guidelines and applicable regulations.
· Personal qualities such as kindness, compassion, understanding, integrity, respect, sense of humor, discretion and confidentiality.
· Ability to communicate verbally in English and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective, and professional manner.
· Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
· Critical thinking / problem solving skills
· Teamwork, tact, and conflict resolution
· Organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
· Performs accurate documentation within the electronic medical record
· Basic computer skills
· Customer service skillsKNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or certificate of completion Nursing Assistant ProgramEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Medical terminology
· Previous CNA Experience
· Previous CPI training
· Previous 12 lead EKG experience (Emergency Department only)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Florida (Multi-State) C.N.A. License
· BLS -condition of employment
· CPI within 6 months of employment (Emergency Department only)LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities.
The Certified Nursing Assistant & Care Partner I, under the supervision of the LPN and/or RN, provides physical care as part of the multidisciplinary team, in accordance with the Hospital mission, physician and patient expectations.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.