AdventHealth Certified Surgical Tech Part Time Days Sebring in Sebring, Florida
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensures operating room is sterile
· Conducts field preparation and maintenance
· Conducts instrument counts prior to surgical procedures
· Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning, and draping patients
· Provides patients with supportive care during pre-operative phases
· Collects and labels specimens obtained during surgical procedures
· Maintains surgical instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instrument counts throughout procedures
· Assists team with safe and appropriate operating room turnover times in an efficient and organized manner
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the health care industry
· Up-to-date knowledge of surgical instruments and supplies in order to be able to hand surgeons the correct tools during surgeries
· Up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements and local, state, and national laws
· Ability to understand and process surgeon dictated instructions and directions
· Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate's degree or Technical certificate/diploma in a related field
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Two years of technical experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
· If LPN, must have current, valid State license as a Licensed Professional Nurse
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Two years of technical experience
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication
· Conducts themselves in a calm and collected manner at all times
· Demonstrates patient/customer focused, compassionate behavior
· Takes responsibility for decisions, actions and results, and delivers on commitments
· Cooperates and collaborates with team members and others
· Complies with the Corporate Institutional Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
· Demonstrates compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government
· Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team members, patients/customers and families
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.