AdventHealth Charge Capture Analyst PRN (Mostly Fridays and 1 weekday) Sebring in Sebring, Florida
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
- Ensures a positive experience for every interaction with patients and customers.
- Develops rapport with physician office personnel.
- Communicates with physicians to obtain laboratory order (script) corrections as needed.
- Maintains an accurate focus on communication.
- Works on medical necessity list from HIM to obtain valid billing codes.
- Makes laboratory charge corrections.
allnon-patient physician orders for laboratory.
- Maintains good communication with HIM and Revenue Management to ensure that laboratory; bills drop correctly and timely.
- Manages outreach client folders to ensure current information is available.
- Recommends accounts for write-off to director.
- Maintains cleanliness in the work area.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Communicates, collects, reports accurate patient care data to appropriate members of the interdisciplinary team (Revenue Management, HIM, Director of Laboratory Services, Lab Non-Technical Compliance Coordinator)
- Orders proficiency testing surveys.
- Ensures same are received as scheduled and alerts supervisors/managers of all facilities.
- Ensures that proficiencies are completed and submitted in appropriate timeframe.
- Ensures that the evaluations of proficiencies are received and reviewed by supervisors, Director of Laboratory Services and Medical Director. Evaluations and outliers, if applicable are to be placed in appropriate manuals within 30 days of receipt.
- Completes all procedures in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Assists with outpatient phlebotomy area when requested by answering the telephone, greeting patients, and placing orders in the laboratory information system.
- If laboratory administrative assistant tasks are performed, the employee meets the principal duties and functions of the Laboratory Administrative Assistant position.
- If phlebotomy
isor lab assistance is performed, the employee meets the principal duties and functions of the Lab Assistant job description.
- Checks email daily and responds to work-related requests in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Customer service experience
- Medical Terminology training or experience
- At least one (1) year experience in lab functions
- This position will include Lab Assistant responsibilities
The Laboratory Charge Capture Analyst works monitors medical necessity lists to ensure valid billing codes, requests script clarifications from physicians and makes laboratory charge corrections to ensure appropriate billing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.