AdventHealth Endoscopy Tech Non-Cert Full Time Days Sebring in Sebring, Florida
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Accepts and adjusts to changes imposed by government regulations, consumer demands, professional organizations and other external or internal forces.
· Accepts responsibility by initiating the incident reporting mechanisms when indicated.
· Accurately enter orders and patient data into computerized system.
· Adheres to hospital and department dress code.
· Assists with cleaning of OR rooms.
· Assists with moving and positioning of the patient.
· Assists with the orientation of new employees.
· Assumes call responsibility to meet department needs.
· Assures patients right for privacy, safety and confidentiality at all times.
· Assures that all needed supplies and equipment are available in a timely manner.
· Attends and participates in staff meetings.
· Carries out duties in an appropriate responsible manner.
· Cleans and maintains equipment according to policies/procedures.
· Cleans and restocks rooms.
· Communicates patient information to other members of health care team.
· Completes work assignments on time as prescribed by the nursing manager.
· Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital policies and standards.
· Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy, goals and mission of the organization.
· Demonstrates understanding of organizations and department policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates, understands and practices principals of infection control.
· Displays interest and enthusiasm in the welfare of the department, the division of nursing and the hospital.
· Establishes and maintains par levels for supplies.
· Exhibits professional behavior that reflects patient's right to privacy, dignity and comfort.
· Exhibits team work.
· Exhibits courtesy and sensitivity when interacting with other staff, patients, families, physicians and the community.
· Functions effectively in stressful situations and prioritizes efficiently and effectively.
· Functions in a calm, quiet manner during stressful situations and expresses frustrations in an appropriate manner and place.
· Improvises when necessary without compromising personal or departmental standards.
· Incorporates new procedures and philosophies into one's work performance.
· Maintains equipment in its proper working condition, identify malfunctioning equipment and remove it for repair.
· Maintains good physical and emotional wellbeing.
· Maintains knowledge of new trends and developments of assigned areas.
· Maintains positive physician relationships and appropriate communication.
· Manages assigned workload in a timely manner.
· Promotes and contributes positively to intra and interdepartmental relations.
· Provides and maintains a safe physical environment.
· Provides positive, respectful communication to employees, physicians, anesthesia personnel, ancillary departments, visitors and patients.
· Recognizes emergency situations and reacts efficiently and appropriately.
· Recognizes potential safety hazards, intervenes for the safety of patients, visitors and personnel.
· Recognizes the patient's and family's perception of hospitalization and health status.
· Reports patient changes, environmental hazards and other areas of concern to the appropriate discipline.
· Responds in a timely manner to meet the patient's need.
· Responsible for personal professional development.
· Seeks and accepts constructive criticism and implements actions designed for self-improvement.
· Serves as runner to various support departments (Lab, X-Ray, Central Processing etc.).
· Shows self-direction by functioning without the need for close supervision.
· Transports patients.
· Utilizes approved channels of communication when initiating changes, reporting information or concerns.
· Works effectively with others.
· Written Goals and physical update completed prior to evaluation date.
· Other duties as assigned.
· On the Job training
· Fluent in English Language, speaking, reading, writing
· Previous Endoscopy experience as a technician
· High School diploma or Equivalent (GED)
· Scrub skills as a Surgical Technician
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
1. Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with:
· Medical staff
· The public
· External business associates
2. Exhibits positive ICARE Values & Workforce behaviors:
Compassion: I will exceed my customer’s expectations by providing spiritually driven,
* Accountability: I hold myself accountable for all my actions.
* Respect: I treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity and value.
* Excellence: I will exceed the expectations of the patients and family we serve and measure
this service through continuous surveying of patient satisfaction.
3. Demonstrates effective communication skills; is able to report and convey required information either verbally or in writing; maintains required level of confidentiality; consults with and/or advises appropriate personnel of situations requiring follow-up or attention.
4. Conforms to all Adventist Health System corporate/Florida Hospital Heartland Division organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· AHS Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook.
5. Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO, and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
6. Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: Net Learning, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation and as pertains to each work area.
7. Supports departmental and organizational Mission through:
· Appropriate use of resources
· Providing assistance to team members
· Accepting work or schedule assignments
· Participating in process and performance improvement as required
8. Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
8. Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will
facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication
The Endoscopy Tech is an on the job trained person, who assumes the responsibility of assisting the physician and the RN with endoscopic procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.