AdventHealth HE-HIM Tech II in Sebring, Florida
HIM Tech II AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Adheres to confidentiality policies of FHHD at all times.
Confirms patient name, medical record number, and the account number on every page in the record, front and back.
- Determines the readiness of the batch for validation.
- Locates the electronic document for verification against paper batch.
- Reviews each image in the batch and verifies correct patient name and account level, proper index level (encounter, section, or document), image quality (readable, orientation, multiple sides, etc.).
- Relocates electronic images that are incorrectly filed in another document or encounter.
- Replaces electronic images that have unacceptable image quality or have been updated.
- Modifies indexing as appropriate.
- Monitors the manual indexing queue of unassigned images.
- Performs Powercharting on each scanned batch – comparing each page with scanned image to maintain accuracy of patient data and correct location in patient electronic record.
- Assists with indexing, destruction and maintenance of physician office records at off-site storage as requested.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy in daily work.
- Completes high quality work in accordance with outlined standards and procedures within defined timeframes.
- Prepares workload reports and managerial support data as needed.
- Assumes responsibility to maintain knowledge and compliance with all current hospital and departmental policies.
- Sets priorities and demonstrates effective organizational skills by optimizing use of time, meeting deadlines, and completing assigned task in a cost-responsible manner.
- Demonstrates flexibility and supports changes that improve quality of care, service and operations.
- Improves skills through continued education and training.
- Safely performs job duties by maintaining safe and clean work environment.
- Demonstrates understanding of fire, disaster, safety and infection control policies. Attends and completes all required training and meetings, and annual employee physical examination in a timely manner.
- Answers telephone, answers questions and refers/ transfers callers; identifies the department and name; speaks clearly and in a moderate tone of voice; addresses the caller by name when appropriate.
- Uses effective interpersonal skill with all callers.
- Transfers calls to correct person or area in a timely manner.
What You Will Need:
- Standard office equipment including computers, copiers, fax, printer, multi-line phone.
- Spanish (Speak, read, write)
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
The H.I.M. Technician II is responsible for scanning documents into the electric document management system. Examines pages and verifies patient identification. Reviews and validates accuracy of records and its image and quality indexing. Provides clerical support to the H
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Health Information Management
Organization: AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.