Home Health RN Visiting Psych PRN Days - AdventHealth (Polk County)
Location Address: Polk County
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
PRN / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Provides comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patients assigned to visit.
• Reports changes in patient condition in a timely manner to the physician and/or RN Care Manager. Obtains orders for changes in the plan of care to respond to the patient's condition.
• Follows orders for treatment and provides services as indicated on the plan of care.
• Utilizes and implements appropriate educational tools and pathways per guidelines and/or policy and procedure
• Takes ownership to optimize agency performance through active involvement in quality improvement activities.
• Utilizes motivational interviewing/health coaching techniques to achieve desired patient outcomes
• Accurately documents and submits timely the assessment, interventions and evaluations pertaining to patient's care management and services in accordance with the agency policy and procedure.
• Implements the plan of care through direct patient care and coordination with other disciplines. Provides care based on physician’s orders, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory requirements. Provides skilled nursing care, preventative rehabilitative procedures, and prescribed treatments with a variety of patient populations within various potentially complex home situations.
• Provides necessary care such as observation/assessment, teaching/training activities, management and evaluation of a patient care plan or direct care of a diagnoses psychiatric condition which may include behavioral/cognitive interventions.
• Demonstrates self-education as evidenced by completion of mandatory annual trainings and continuing educational opportunities. Demonstrates furthering professional growth through sharing knowledge with others.
• Assures that practice reflects current standards and best practice within area of expertise
• Acts independently and responsibly to perform duties on a consistent basis and in a timely manner.
What You Will Need:
Must meet one of the following requirements:
A RN with a Master’s degree with a specialty in psychiatric or mental health nursing and licensed in the state where practicing would qualify. The RN must have nursing experience (recommended within the last 3 years) in an acute treatment unit in a psychiatric hospital, psychiatric home care, psychiatric partial hospitalization program or other outpatient psychiatric services.
A RN with a Bachelor’s degree in nursing and licensed in the state where practicing would qualify. The RN must have 1 year of recent nursing experience (recommended within the last 3 years) in an acute treatment unit in a psychiatric hospital, psychiatric home care, psychiatric partial hospitalization program or other outpatient psychiatric services.
A RN with a Diploma or Associate degree in nursing and licensed in the state where practicing would qualify. The RN must have 2 years of recent nursing experience (recommended within the last 3 years) in an acute treatment unit in a psychiatric hospital, psychiatric home care, psychiatric partial hospitalization program or other outpatient psychiatric services.
Medical/Surgical nursing experience is also required because many psychiatric patients meet homebound criteria due to a physical illness; and the psychiatric nurse is also expected to care for patients without a psychiatric diagnosis.
The Home Health RN Visit Nurse is a professional nurse who under the general supervision of the Care Manager, provides skilled nursing care to assigned patients and directs Licensed Practical Nurses and Home Health Aides to provide quality care in accordance with physician orders under a plan of care. Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates total patient care, and coordinates patient/family teaching. Assures compliance with nursing standards, federal, state, and local government regulations, and company clinical policies. Provides goal directed care leading to specific outcomes. May be on call for after-hours work. Coordinates and directs the home care patient’s care based on individual patient needs.
Assists the client suffering from a diagnosed psychiatric disorder requiring active treatment by a psychiatrically trained nurse with evaluation, psychotherapy and teaching activities.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Home Care
Organization: AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Sebring
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.