All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Night
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Sebring
· Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
· Largest Employer in the County
· Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
· Close knit community with a hometown family feel
The role you’ll contribute:
The Laboratory Assistant I performs various laboratory support procedures in assigned areas which may include phlebotomy and/or specimen processing in clinical and anatomical pathology areas. The Laboratory Assistant I must meet the required basic continuing education and department specific requirements. Work customarily involves practical knowledge in various laboratory procedures and support functions. May be asked to perform any of the following non-technical function.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include:
o Collects patient, physician and test order information in order to create patient accounts. This includes verifying patient identification, insurance information, physician credentials and test order requirements.
o Blood specimen collection to include phlebotomy and skin puncture for all age groups
o General equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation
o Receives, and processes patient specimens which includes separating specimens by centrifugation prior to testing. May include transporting.
o Aliquots different sample types, if needed, and either loads preanalytical instruments, which include automated stainers, or delivers them to the testing department
o Cytopreparatory staining
o Accessioning of surgical cases that requires a knowledge of anatomy.
o Receive and set up cultures. Inoculation of different petri dishes for bacterial growth
o Blood and/or Blood Component processing, storing, shipping, modifying and selecting compatible products using a validated Transfusion Information System
o Performs periodic preventive instrument maintenance and quality assurance procedures as assigned
o Cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces, and other pre-analytical activities.
o Inventory control and supply stocking
• Continually maintains workspaces in a neat, organized, and properly supplied; properly stores documentation and paperwork.
• Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing as needed to support assigned department.
• Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned department or work area, which may include answering the telephone, clerical and receptionist duties.
• Assists the Laboratory management with special projects as assigned.
• Assists in teaching new staff and Phlebotomy Students when assigned.
• Provides resolution to customer service issues within guidelines and supports education to clinical staff.
• Participates in, and has knowledge of, laboratory and hospital Performance Improvement activities, including evaluation of new equipment and/or procedures or methods.
• Performs waived testing, and associated, quality control, maintenance, troubleshooting, documentation and result reporting, if applicable
• Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies; protects confidentiality of patient information and results at all times.
• Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, from neo-nates through geriatric patients.
• Follows appropriate safety policies including the appropriate use of PPE, handwashing, and hazardous chemical handling. Demonstrates understanding and adheres to Chemical Hygiene plan and Infection Control policies. Employee job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area; employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
• High School Education or equivalent
• Completion of a phlebotomy training program
• Six Months in AdventHealth Lab
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification if required by facility
• PBT(ASCP) or MLA (ASCP) or equivalent
Knowledge and Experience Strongly Preferred
Technical skills and aptitudes related to the laboratory procedures or processes performed in department or work area assigned.
• Able to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in English with patients, staff, and customers of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective, and professional manner.
• Ability to read text and numbers in English, with demonstrated ability to comprehend, measure, reason, match, problem solve, and exercise judgment under supervision.
• Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
• Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within AdventHealth guidelines and applicable regulations.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23035074
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $15 - $15
Location: Sebring, FL
Job ID: 23035074
Job Family: Laboratory
Shift: 3 - Night