AdventHealth Medical Technologist Nights $7,000 Sign on Bonus in Sebring, Florida
Medical Technologist Nights AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
- Performs, documents, monitors, interprets and evaluates quality control testing and QC trends.
- Summarily reports all quality control and quality assurance findings to laboratory manager or supervisor. Reports to laboratory medical director and supervisor immediately and in detail any quality issues that may negatively impact the laboratory.
- Performs and documents instrument maintenance, calibration, and troubleshoots instrument issues.
- Performs, monitors, evaluates, and verifies diagnostic laboratory testing in a safe and efficient (timely) manner. Takes appropriate action needed to ensure test result accuracy including (but not limited to) appropriate follow-up of critical values, delta and instrument flags, and unacceptable specimens.
- Recognizes need for and documents additional quality control, maintenance, or specimens prior to releasing test results. Documents all corrective actions and "Consults Supervisor for assistance when necessary".
- Performs Immunohematology procedures with accuracy and care to ensure safety of blood transfusions.
- Proof of High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor of Science or Associate of Science Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or related chemical, physical, or biological science
- Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist license in Serology, Microbiology, Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, and Immunohematology
As a member of the healthcare team, the Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist/Clinical Laboratory Technologist is responsible for performing various routine or special clinical laboratory tests in one or more sections of the laboratory using automated equipment, manual testing and microscopic analysis to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. The Medical Technologist will perform various duties of laboratory medicine commensurate with specialties and subspecialties that are performed within the areas assigned, recognizing and resolving technical problems and ensuring test systems and processes are functioning properly before reporting patient test results. Individuals will exhibit professionalism and provide positive patient/customer interactions, while serving as an engaged and productive team player for their work group and organization. The Medical Technologist is responsible to have a comprehensive understanding of the theory of all methodologies and quality systems within their scope of service, assess client needs, proactively participate in the implementation of improvement measures, verify test methods and ensure validity of testing to include patient preparation, pre-analytic analytic and post-analytic phases of testing and test results reporting.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.