All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Day
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Sebring
· Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
· Largest Employer in the County
· Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
· Close knit community with a hometown family feel
The role you’ll contribute:
The phlebotomist performs venous and capillary blood specimen collection for medical laboratory testing using established safety practices in a skillful and accurate manner. The phlebotomist instructs patients in the proper collection of certain non-blood specimens, explaining procedures while providing written instruction and allowing the patient to “teach back” where needed. The phlebotomist exhibits professionalism and actively participates in outstanding customer service, creating an atmosphere of trust and confidence. A phlebotomist must work well under pressure and be sensitive to the confidentiality of protected health information. The position requires exercise of judgment under general supervision. The in-patient Phlebotomist shall report to the Clinical Education Manager.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Interacts with patients and family members in a considerate manner to help reduce anxiety and stress; strives to provide a positive experience with each patient encounter through ICARE standards.
· Explains procedures to patients and answers questions in a positive and professional manner; instructs patients in the proper collection of certain non-blood specimens, explaining procedures while providing written instruction and allowing the patient to “teach back” where needed
· Is able to relate to patients AGE SPECIFICALLY, in a loving, kind, patient and respectful, and non-threatening way
· Is able to perform 6 to 8 venous collections per hour, in an acceptable manner, from a mixed patient population
· Notifies patient’s nurse and assistant nurse manager or nurse manager, or technologist of missed collections as soon as possible to avoid confusion and delays
· Prioritizes laboratory orders appropriately: stats, timed studies, routines
· Strives to provide rapid turnaround time for stat orders; sends samples to lab without delay
· Performs chain of custody drug screen collections
· Performs finger sticks and heel sticks
· Properly collects blood cultures without contamination
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Demonstrated technical skills and aptitudes related to specimen collection from all age groups.
· Demonstrated technical skills for use of centrifuge and specimen aliquotting.
· Ability to read text and numbers in English, with demonstrated ability to comprehend, measure, reason, match and problem solve.
· Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
· Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within Florida Hospital guidelines and applicable regulations.
· Ability to handle infectious biological specimens, caustics, toxic chemicals and/or irritants appropriately and safely.
· Ability to communicate verbally and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective and professional manner.
· Ability to respond appropriately to buzzers, bells, flashing lights, and pagers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Previous laboratory experience or completion of a phlebotomy training program
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Three or more years of phlebotomy experience including all age groups
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· National Phlebotomy board certification through ASCP, AMT, or ASPT
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23043106
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $16.5 - $16.5
Location: Sebring, FL
Job ID: 23043106
Job Family: Laboratory
Shift: 1 - Day