AdventHealth Radiation Therapist PRN in Sebring, Florida
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
PRN As Needed
You Will Be Responsible For:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Performs moving QA on the treatment unit.
· Able to assess that equipment is operating according to physics policy.
· Calls appropriate person immediately after equipment malfunctions, clears faults on the unit that have been approved by physics.
· Reviews all new starts by checking the blocks, simulation printout, dose and calculation sheet; checks prescription for field verification; uses digital camera to verify patient positioning and field orientation;
· Checks EMR for prescription and treatment parameters, doses, wedges, and monitor units.
· Proficient at identifying the treatment volume so that it duplicates the simulation film and treatment plan.
· Reproduces patient set up within 2mm on a daily basis.
· Personally reviews and makes changes requested by the Radiation Oncologist within 24 hours.
· Notifies Manager of any potential errors ( i.e.; incorrect wedge, gantry angle, blocks, etc.).
· Monitors the patient with audio-visual equipment during treatment process.
· Assist patient with transport and positioning in treatment areas
· Must be able to operate the equipment according to the safety standards and the vendor’s operating manual.
· Utilizes the computerized information system in scheduling a patient’s appointment time.
· Observes symptoms and reactions to treatment and refers patients to appropriate person (i.e.; Radiation Oncologist, nurse, etc.).
· Responsible for constructing immobilization devices as ordered by physician.
· Identifies patients for on-treatment management by physicians and escort s to exam room .
· Other duties as assigned
· Assists in ordering and maintaining supplies as needed.
· Coordinates inpatient transportation and assists when necessary.
· Must be able to interchange roles (i.e.; front desk reception, assist with nursing, etc.).
· Must be able to respond quickly and without immediate assistance in an emergency situation.
· Maintains knowledge of Quality Management activity occurring in department.
· Performs other activities as requested by management.
· Participates in the orientation of new employees.
· Notifies manager, supervisor or physicist when equipment is in need of service.
· Documents incidents with 100% accuracy as required by Risk Management.
· Is required to respond to emergency situations, (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to your department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
What You Will Need:
Must be able to safely and properly use Linear Accelerator, Treatment Planning Simulator, block cutting system, video monitoring system, and patient tracking and scheduling systems and electronic medical record.
Must have excellent clerical skills as needed for record keeping and use of other departmental computer systems and equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
Graduate of an approved program in Radiation Therapy.
Registry eligible or currently registered by the ARRT as a Radiation Therapist (T)
Florida Licensed as Registered Radiation Therapist (RRT) or Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Minimum of 1 year Radiation Therapy experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
ARRT (T) (Required)
Florida licensed as Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) or Registered Radiation Therapist (RRT) (Required)
Under the direction of the Lead Radiation Therapist, the Radiation Therapist applies ionizing radiation to the patient as prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist. He/She has the responsibility for the efficient and safe operation of the department with special emphasis on the delivery of the prescribed radiation treatment. The therapist should understand the mechanics of specific diseases and treatment planning, and be involved in verification of these factors. He/She will be given the opportunity to do a rotation in simulation to then assume the responsibility for a safe and efficient patient simulation. Will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care/needs of an assigned group of patients. Must maintain the treatment machine QA and report any malfunctions or discrepancies in output to the Department Physicist. Responsibility to adhere to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.