AdventHealth Registered Nurse Bed Control Part Time Days Sebring in Sebring, Florida
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a hometown family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers-in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Coordinates placement of emergent, urgent and elective patients from all potential referral sources.
- Works directly with the Nursing Supervisor to ensure timely transfer, appropriate bed assignment and provides accurate patient information to assist with bed placement.
- Demonstrates the ability to process patients utilizing critical thinking skills, clinical decision making and acquired knowledge to assist in assessing situation and facilitate patient flow through the continuum of care.
- Demonstrates the ability to triage and prioritize patient information and communicate accurate clinical presentation of the patient for accepting nurses.
- Uses problem solving skills to determine the course of action to generate the best patient clinical outcome and the transferring and receiving hospitals. Critical thinking skills will be utilized to ensure every patient transfer promotes the well-being and safety of the patient.
- Adheres to established policy and procedure and standards of care and escalates issues through the established Chain of Command in a timely manner.
- Possesses effective and professional communication and acts as a liaison between physicians, patient/family, hospital staff, patient care areas and outside agencies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements such as EMTALA, AHCA and TJC compliance policies and quality initiative and monitors self-compliance and implements process changes to ensure compliance to such regulations and quality initiatives.
- Participates in bed placement targets thru appropriate guidance of metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Associates Degree in related field
- Medical terminology / healthcare experience
- Current Florida Registered Nurse license
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Basic computer skills required.
The Bed Control Specialist performs specific patient placement duties including placement of all patients from entry points within FHHMC and FHW (i.e.: ED, PACU, Admitting, Direct Admissions, Intra / Inter hospital transfers) This position in addition collects and maintains all information in relation to hospital admissions. The position works with various departments within the hospital and their staff to facilitate patient placement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.