AdventHealth Registered Nurse Clinical Educator (O/B) PRN Days Sebring in Sebring, Florida
Registered Nurse Clinical Educator (O/B) PRN Days AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
- PRN/ Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Collaborates with the Clinical Education Manager to identify educational goals and coordinates education and training process for staff as assigned.
- Combines clinical abilities with responsibilities related to:
- Designing curricula
- Developing courses/programs of study
- Teaching and guiding learners
- Evaluating learning
- Documenting the outcomes of the educational process.
- Incorporates principles of adult learning in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of education programs
- Plans, prepares and maintains materials for use in educational programs for accuracy and relevance to the target audience
- Identifies and evaluates instructional materials in all types of media and formats
- Assists students and practicing nurses to identify their learning needs, strengths and limitations, and select learning opportunities that will build on strengths and overcome limitations.
- Coordinates orientation of new staff to the organization
- Develops/coordinates education plans related to initial and ongoing competency validation
- Develops/coordinates core education to address patient population specific nursing care
- Develops/coordinates core education for the development of beside leaders
- Adjusts content and teaching strategies appropriate learner needs
- Provides educational opportunities that benefit nurses at all stages of their career development
- Delivers competence based programs for nursing staff with a focus on improvement of skills and retention of knowledge
- Develops evidence-based educational materials
- Supports staff development with educational activities which include remediation, certification, mentoring, life support, The Joint Commission requirements, product roll-outs, etc.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of educational programming
- Prepares short and long term planning and programs to address identified needs
- Teaches content as needed and/or assigned within clinical expertise to facilitate orientation, staff development and/or safe practice
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Knowledge of professional nursing principles, practices, concepts, and procedures as applied to the care of the patient population served.
- Knowledge of relevant educational content and appropriate methods of delivery and the ability to develop and facilitate relevant and effective education for adult learners.
- Ability to identify and collaborate with content experts to develop activities to facilitate learners’ achievement of the educational objectives.
- Skills to ensure planned educational activities are implemented and the knowledge to conduct comprehensive evaluations of all educational activities.
- Knowledge of a variety of educational options such as academic education, experiential learning, consultation, teaching others, professional reading, distance learning, research, and self-directed activities.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Above average communication and motivational skills and the ability to relate effectively to the public and to health care professionals.
- Demonstrated teaching abilities.
- Knowledge of adult education principles, teaching/facilitating, and learning methodologies.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
- Three years of hospital-based patient care.
- Florida Registered Nursing license
- BLS certificate
- A Clinical Nurse Educator is a professional nurse who provides leadership in the development of staff education and patient/family education in compliance with regulatory agencies, in conjunction with the hospital mission, management, and physician and patient expectations. The Clinical Nurse Educator combines clinical expertise and a passion for teaching in the classroom and the practice setting, preparing and mentoring current and future generations of nurses. Nurse educator plays a pivotal role in strengthening the nursing workforce, serving as role models and providing the leadership needed to implement evidence-based practice.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.