AdventHealth Service Rep I Collector Patient Financial Services AdventHealth Sebring PRN Days in Sebring, Florida
Service Rep I Collector Patient Financial Services AdventHealth Sebring PRN Days
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Review and resolve encounters assigned via CPA work list daily using tools such as DDE, SSI, Discern Notify, Payer Websites, etc.
- File an appeal on unwarranted denials of non-contracted carriers within 48 hours of notification when appropriate.
- Ensure eScan and other vendor worklist are worked in accordance with department guidelines.
- Review and respond to mail received within 48 hours from receipt.
- Maintain days in AR for all books of business according to the departments yearly goals. Ensuring the department maintains all outgoing bills meet billing guidelines according the various contracts.
- Ensuring when insurance is added to an encounter we have obtained the appropriate authorizations prior to submitting the bill to the payer when appropriate.
- Assure all claims are filed correctly and are in compliance with billing guidelines set forth by State, Federal and local statues. Know and enforce all Medicare rules and regulations through updates and bulletins. Review the Medicare web site on a monthly basis when appropriate.
- Contribute to a positive working environment by showing inter/intra departmental respect towards co-workers. Work with outside providers, patients, and intermediaries in a professional courteous manner to maintain excellent customer relations.
- File supplemental claims within 48 hours of the receipt of the primary payment or denial when appropriate.
- File the supplemental claim twice before making them patient responsibility when appropriate.
What You Will Need:
- A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong keyboard and 10 key skills
- Advanced degree in any field of study preferred
- Prior hospital or physician billing background preferred
- Knowledge of billing rules and regulations preferred
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Under general supervision, is responsible for processing insurance claims, expediting billing and payments for insurance claims. Performs outgoing calls and correspondence to patients and insurance companies to obtain necessary information for accurate billing. Utilizes the Discern Notify tool to communicate with other departments regarding any necessary updates to ensure an accurate claim. Responds to incoming calls requesting additional information and/or checking status of billings. Adheres to Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Financial Services
Organization: AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.