AdventHealth Surgery Aide Full Time Days Sebring in Sebring, Florida
Surgery Aide AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time 40 hours per week. Call is required.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Accepts and adjusts to changes imposed by government regulations, consumer demands, professional organizations and other external or internal forces.
· Accepts responsibility by initiating the incident reporting mechanisms when appropriate.
· Accurately enters orders and patient data into computerized system.
· Adheres to hospital and departments dress code including fingernails and jewelry.
· Assist with moving and positioning of the patient.
· Assist with opening of sterile supplies when needed.
· Assists with cleaning of Operating Rooms between cases.
· Assists with the orientation of new employees.
· Assumes call responsibilities to meet the department needs.
· Assures patients right for privacy, safety and confidentiality at all times.
· Assures that all needed supplies and equipment are available in a timely manner.
· Attends and participates in staff meetings.
· Communicates patient information to members of the health care team.
· Completes work assignments on time as prescribed by the nursing manager.
· Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital policies and standards.
· Demonstrates understanding of organization and department policies and procedures.
· Exhibits courtesy and sensitivity when interacting with other staff, patients, families, physicians and the community.
· Exhibits professional behavior that reflects patient's right to privacy, dignity and comfort.
· Exhibits team player approach.
· Functions effectively in stressful situations and prioritizes efficiently and effectively.
· Functions in a calm, quiet manner during stressful situations and expresses frustrations in an appropriate manner and place.
· Improvises when necessary without compromising personal or departmental standards.
· Incorporates new procedures and philosophies into one's work performance.
· Keeps lounge, refrigerator and dressing rooms neat and tidy.
· Logs refrigerator temperatures daily.
· Maintains equipment in its proper working condition, identifies malfunctioning equipment and removes it for repair.
· Maintains positive physician relationships and appropriate communication.
· Manages assigned workload in a timely manner.
· Promotes and contributes positively to intra and interdepartmental relations.
· Provides positive, respectful communication to employees, physicians, anesthesia personnel, ancillary departments, visitors and patients.
· Recognizes emergency situations and reacts efficiently and appropriately.
· Recognizes potential safety hazards, intervenes for the safety of patients, visitors and personnel.
· Recognizes the patient's and family's perception of hospitalization and health status.
· Reports patient changes, environmental hazards and other areas of concern to the appropriate discipline.
· Responds in a timely manner to meet patient's need.
· Seeks and accepts constructive criticism and implements actions designed for self-improvement.
· Serves as runner to various support departments (Lab, X-Ray, Central Processing etc.).
· Shows self direction by functioning without the need for close supervision.
· Written goals and physical completed prior to evaluation.
· Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· On the job training
· Fluent in English Language, speaking, reading, writing
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Previous experience in a hospital as a Nurse Aide
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School diploma or Equivalent (GED)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Graduate of an approved Nurse Aide Program
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certified Nurse Aide License in State of Florida
1. Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with:
· Medical staff
· The public
· External business associates
2. Exhibits positive ICARE Values & Workforce behaviors:
Integrity: I am honest and ethical in all I say and do!
Compassion: I will exceed my customer’s expectations by providing spiritually driven,
* Accountability: I hold myself accountable for all my actions.
* Respect: I treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity and value.
* Excellence: I will exceed the expectations of the patients and family we serve and measure
this service through continuous surveying of patient satisfaction.
3. Demonstrates effective communication skills; is able to report and convey required information either verbally or in writing; maintains required level of confidentiality; consults with and/or advises appropriate personnel of situations requiring follow-up or attention.
4. Conforms to all Adventist Health System corporate/Florida Hospital Heartland Division organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· AHS Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook.
5. Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO, and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
6. Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: Net Learning, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation and as pertains to each work area.
7. Supports departmental and organizational Mission through:
· Appropriate use of resources
· Providing assistance to team members
· Accepting work or schedule assignments
· Participating in process and performance improvement as required
8. Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
8. Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will
facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities
Responsible for transporting patients to and from Surgery, PACU, Pre-op Holding and Nursing Units. Assists with cleaning and turnover of the Operating Rooms. Maintains Lounge and Dressing Rooms neat, clean and stocked with supplies
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.