AdventHealth Telemetry Tech in Sebring, Florida
Telemetry Tech AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Accurately interprets rhythm, rate and morphology of strips.
- Enters patient data into cardiac monitoring system, assures location of patient and monitor coincide.
- Prepares and maintains patient record from admission to discharge through documentation of rhythm strips at predetermined intervals and with each change in rhythm.
- Communicates changes in cardiac rhythm, rate or morphology promptly to the primary care nurse and/or charge nurse.
- Recognizes need for and initiates Rapid Response / Code Blue timely and accurately.
- Maintains responsibility for monitoring equipment Manages unit supplies, activities, time, and other resources in a cost effective manner to reduce waste and unnecessary expenditures.
- Follows infection control standards with telemetry packs.
- Assures telemetry hardware is cleaned and returned to assigned location.
- Admits, transfer and discharges patients accurately.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of arrhythmia interpretation class prior to or within 90 days of employment.
- Successful completion of arrhythmia test within 90 days of employment.
- BLS- condition of employment
The Telemetry Technician under the supervision of a Nurse Manager / Director performs surveillance of cardiac rhythms. Reports changes in cardiac rhythm promptly to primary nurse and/or charge nurse.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.