AdventHealth Unit Clerk Full Time Days - Sebring, FL in Sebring, Florida
Unit Clerk, AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares and maintains patients medical records from admission through discharge to organization, completeness and accuracy of the records system for the unit
- Assembles, accurately labels and maintains the physical patient chart.
- Serves as a liaison between patients/families, staff and the medical staff.
- Demonstrates techniques of receiving and directing patients and visitors, answering routine inquiries and processing referrals/consults.
- Maintains the unit census record up-to-date including admissions, transfers and discharges.
- Informs bed manager of bed availability and facilitates patient flow.
- Accurately reconciles the unit midnight census including verification of bed accommodation codes.
- Maintains downtime forms and downtime chart packets. Efficiently performs tasks required in preparation for scheduled downtime. Supports staff activities during downtime to assure accurate and timely documentation. Prepares downtime forms for scanning after each downtime.
- Accurately processes physician consult requests, schedules requested procedures and secures needed equipment.
- Demonstrate phone etiquette at all times.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- BLS -condition of employment
- CPI prior to or within 6 months of employment (Emergency Department and Behavioral Health Units only)
The Unit Clerk is responsible for the secretarial duties in the patient care area in accordance with the Hospitals' mission, physicians and patient expectations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.