AdventHealth Behavior Technician II Infant Development FT in Shawnee, Kansas
Behavior Technician II AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: BE Smith Family Center, Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits Available Day One
- Provide direct therapy under the supervision of the BCBA to assist children to develop maximum cognitive, language, self-help, social, and motor skills.
- Collaborate with other team members including physical, occupational, speech-language and music therapists as well as early childhood special educators and BCBA.
- Provides parent training and education individually and in a group setting.
- Collaborate with director and social worker on individual child and family needs and accessing community resources
- Train and educate students, interns, volunteers, and patient’s family members.
- Support the Britain IDC and staff by helping to maintain a clean and hygienic environment.
- Maintains organization in the Pathways classroom and other areas.
- Assists the BCBA with organization of data and individual children’s programs on a daily basis.
- Maintains a professional team relationship with co-workers by being considerate of workloads, assisting with duties, and being supportive toward their continued growth.
- Communicates honestly and confronts issues and problems in a private setting.
- Respects each discipline’s expertise and knowledge; doesn’t question someone’s expertise in front of the patient/family.
- Punctual with returning phone calls and emails, and for scheduled work hours, meetings, and patient treatment.
- Utilizes computer access confidentially, appropriately and following HIPAA guidelines, including appropriate use of social media.
- Completes all charges and documentation in accordance with department practice, policy, and procedure in a timely fashion.
- Provides quality patient care skills/procedures in a manner that takes into account the special needs of the patient, e.g., age, culture, learning ability, etc.
- Demonstrates the initiative to learn and applies new processes and procedures by attending in-services, pertinent continuing education seminars, and reading professional journals and sharing that information with team members.
- Reports any equipment or maintenance problems and safety concerns to Office Coordinator and/or Manager.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize workload in an efficient and productive manner in the assigned work time.
- Demonstrates ability to accommodate to constant changes in schedule and environment.
· Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) obtained within 6 months of hire.
Shawnee Mission Health will be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ’s healing ministry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.