AdventHealth Certified Mammography Tech in Shawnee, Kansas
* Certified Mammography Tech AdventHealth Shawnee Mission*
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits Available Day One
- * Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019*
- * Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962*
- * Excellent health benefits, an onsite childcare center and fitness facility*
- * Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education*
- * Employee Referral Program*
- * Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses*
Full time Days
Monday – Friday
8am – 5pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
Maintains all the essential job functions of the Mammography Technologist
Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Breast Center Manager.
- Follows “Standard of Behavior” guidelines per hospital policy.
- Maintains ethical relationships and cooperates with all personnel in proper conduct of department
- * Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.*
- Initiates and assists in Code Blue procedures if called.
- Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Operates computer by typing in patient information needed for the examination and proper protocols for the procedure.
- Verify and transmit each exam to the PACs System. This secures storage of each patient scanned for future reference.
- Maintains adequate record of each procedure done.
- Follows the AIDET model (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank) .
- Attends a minimum of 50% of scheduled department meetings and is accountable for obtaining information from missed meetings.
- Operates Cerner System proficiently, trouble shoots problems with orders and makes corrections within scope of user level.
- Follows all safety and infection prevention policies and procedures.
What You Will Need:
- Associate degree or Graduate of a Technical School
1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience
Kansas LRT License
- National Registry ARRT
- Mammography ARRT Certification RT, (R) (M)
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
* Job Summary: *
The Mammography Tech performs routine and special view mammograms under the direction of a radiologist. Also assists radiologists in wire localizations, galactograms and stereotactic vacuum-assisted biopsy procedures.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.