Occ upational Therapist Assistant Full-Time Days – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: FT Days
One Weekend Day/Month
Location: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA.) provides occupational therapy services to patients under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist; carries out the treatment plan developed by the Occupational Therapist in a professional manner and within hospital standards; completes timely and thorough documentation. Works directly with physicians, Physical/Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists Assistants, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Exercise Specialists, Rehabilitation office staff, and Rehabilitation Technicians. The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant shall be supervised by the O.T., according to Federal and State guidelines. Exemplifies customer service.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Maintains a professional team relationship with co-workers by being considerate of workloads, assisting with duties, and being supportive toward their continued growth.
· Punctual with returning pages and phone calls, and for scheduled work hours, meetings, and patient treatments.
· Maintains a good attendance record.
· Communication and motivational techniques are age appropriate.
· Communicates honestly and confronts issues and problems in a private setting.
· Respects each discipline’s expertise and knowledge; doesn’t question someone’s expertise in front of the patient/family.
· Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of the Medical Center.
· Obtains approval for treatment changes from referring physician.
· Obtains physician’s written prescription.
· Projects a positive image through high professional standards of conduct and appearance.
· Promotes the dignity of our customers by maintaining patient privacy.
· Maintains confidentiality of customers and other associates.
· Adheres to hospital and department policies.
· Utilizes modalities/procedures with knowledge of contraindications related to age and diagnosis.
· Communicates truthfully and considerately.
· Utilizes computer access confidentially, appropriately and following HIPAA guidelines.
· Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
· Provides patient treatments as specified by the O.T. in the treatment plan.
· Assists the O.T. in the provision of direct patient treatments.
· Maintains records pertinent to patient treatment, including daily progress/status reports.
· Communicates with physicians, families and rehab team staff members regarding patient status reports as appropriate.
· Participates in patient care conferences, rehabilitation team conferences, and represents Occupational Therapy at facility meetings.
· Discusses findings with patient, family and physician.
· Responsible to educate patients and/or their families in self-care, prevention, body mechanics, life style adaptation, posture, and ergonomics, as appropriate.
· Implements treatment using appropriate techniques within physician’s prescription.
· Completes all documentation in accordance with department practice, policy and procedures.
· Provides basic level patient care skills/procedures appropriately in a manner that takes into account the special needs of the patient; e.g., age, culture, learning ability, etc.
· Starts patient care on time.
· Provides educational inservices to the clinical staff after attendance at workshops and seminars.
· Participates in student supervision as indicated.
· Demonstrates the initiative to learn and applies new processes and procedures by attending inservices, pertinent continuing education seminars, and reading professional journals.
· Participates in planning programs for the department and the patients.
· Participates constructively in department inservices, meetings, and activities.
· Takes initiative to complete mandatory job requirements; assumes responsibility for role in Associate Achievement Review.
· Recommends discontinuation of treatment when functional goals are met, consulting with referring physician and/or O.T.
· Reports any equipment or maintenance problems to Facilities Management/Biomed, Rehab Coordinator, or Department Director.
· Obtains appropriate referrals/authorizations to assist the patient and secures reimbursement.
· Charges for patient treatment and supplies in an equitable manner.
· Maintains department standards for productivity.
· Positively impacts clinical, economic and customer satisfaction outcomes.
· Assists the patients to maximize their available resources; e.g., insurance coverage, supply and equipment resources.
· Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize workload in an efficient and productive manner in the assigned work time.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
· No Previous Experience is Required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Kansas License-Occupational Therapy Assistant
· AHA Healthcare Provider CPR
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23027997
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 9100 W 74TH ST
Pay Range: $18.169 - $29.071
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 23027997
Job Family: Rehabilitation Services
Shift: 1 - Day