AdventHealth Certified Tumor Registrar Part Time Days in Shawnee, Kansas
Certified Tumor Registrar AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9301 W 74th St, Merriam, KS 66204, Suite 100
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite childcare center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
- Identifies reportable cancer cases for suspense file through review of pathology reports, radiation oncology treatment notes, gynecologic oncology treatment notes, and the merge file.
- Collates data from various sources as new cases into computerized suspense file.
- Completes all required supportive documents and follow-up documentation for each identified patient.
- Accurately abstracts reportable cases in a timely manner as stipulated in CoC cancer program standards, following CoC and KCR abstracting guidelines. Completes any corrections to KCR edits within assigned time frame. Enters follow-up data into abstract as appropriate.
- Initiates involvement in special projects within the Cancer Registry department. Responsible for coordination and completion of physician abstract quality assurance reviews to meet the CoC standard of 10% of total analytic cases up to 300 charts reviewed annually. Compiles results of physician abstract reviews. Shares results of abstract reviews with leadership. Collaborates with leadership to analyze areas of strength as well as opportunities for improvement as identified through abstract reviews. Collaborates with other healthcare professionals to complete data collection for statistical reports, quality control studies, and other studies as requested. Analyzes trends in data collected and shares findings with leadership.
- Completion of education program and/or work experience required for Certified Tumor Registrar, as defined by the National Cancer Registrars’ Association.
The Certified Tumor Registrar is responsible for all aspects of data collection for reportable cancer cases. The Certified Tumor Registrar completes casefinding, abstracting, and follow-up data entry, and completes additional activities as needed to meet standards set by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS CoC) as well as Kansas Cancer Registry (KCR). Leads by example in proactively serving as a resource for other Cancer Registry team members. Assists the Cancer Registry Resource Manager as needed with special projects to meet cancer program standards set by the CoC. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.