AdventHealth Charge Nurse Medical Surgical FT Nights in Shawnee, Kansas
Charge Nurse Medical Surgical AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Medical, Dental and Vision Available Day One
Location Address: 9100 W. 74thStreet, Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Full Time, Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Lead clinical team in ensuring high patient and physician satisfaction and provide support through difficult and complex issues.
- Use independent judgment to make effective recommendations regarding the adjustment/resolution of complaints, concerns, and problems of supervised staff regarding work assignments, hours of work, overtime scheduling and other work-related matters.
- Use independent judgment to recommend evaluation results of supervised employees, inclusive of promotion, rewards and recognition, performance improvement opportunities and termination.
- Demonstrate clinical competence utilizing the nursing process (assess, plan, intervention, evaluation).
- Assess and intervene in critical situations involving patients, staff and visitors and consult with manager or administration for guidance as necessary.
- Implement appropriate actions to respond to the needs of patients and their families/support system.
- Ensure that patient care activities are completed according to policy and within the appropriate timeframe.
- Demonstrate knowledge of clinical practice standards in order to serve as a resource to staff.
- Respond appropriately to emergent situations with appropriate notification of leadership as necessary.
- Assess and communicate staff development needs to the manager.
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s Degree in NursingBachelor’s Degree in Nursing or obtained within 4 years of employment
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
The Charge Registered Nurse (RN) is an experienced RN, who in addition to providing direct patient care is accountable for facilitating a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, patient flow, staffing, resource utilization and problem solving for a specific patient care department. . The Charge RN collaborates with patients/customers, families, physicians, administration and associates to meet customer needs, provide safe patient care, evaluate the interventions provided and forecast resource needs to meet patient care needs on an ongoing basis.
The Charge RN serves as a role model for the mission, vision and values of Shawnee Mission Health. S/he uses critical thinking skills and the nursing process to insure optimal patient outcomes. S/he facilitates the tone of the work environment and assures that all personnel are competent, adhere to all policies of the department and organization and adhere to all behavior standards of Shawnee Mission Health.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.