AdventHealth Cook Food Services FT in Shawnee, Kansas
Cook AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74thStreet, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Every other weekend
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Works collaboratively with Leadership and storeroom and prep areas to provide necessary provision of food and supplies.
- Maintains flexibility when staffing needs require a change in scheduling.
- Listens openly to constructive criticism.
- Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of the Medical Center.
- Accurately documents food usage.
- Rotates stock to ensure standards are being met. Labels and dates food items according to procedure.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Prepares hot food according to standardized recipes in the correct amounts for patients, child care, catering and cafeteria.
- Organizes batch-cooking schedule so food is available throughout service to ensure optimal food quality and temperatures.
- Sets up food in hot food counters and delivers food as needed to patient and cafeteria lines and warmers.
- Assists with patient tray line assembly, serving items according to patient menu.
- Maintains an orderly and sanitary storage area.
- Assumes personal responsibility for care of work areas and equipment.
- Demonstrates improved outcomes through effective communication and follow up.
- Takes initiative to identify and analyze problems; generates alternative solutions. Takes appropriate risks that lead to improved work practices.
- Demonstrates and promotes high standards for quality and productivity; focuses on results.
- Suggest menu additions and test new recipes.
- Demonstrates professionalism and accountability.
- Examines existing processes and problems and continuously looks for ways to do things better.
- Takes initiative to improve skills and knowledge.
- Initiates and implements new recipe ideas for catering and cafeteria.
- Maintains a high degree of initiative to prevent waste and makes effective use of leftovers.
- Continually evaluates ways to control food and supply costs.
- Exhibits good judgment and time management skills to accomplish daily tasks.
- Is versatile and able to assume a number of different duties.
- Is fiscally responsible and suggests cost-saving measures.
- Adjusts schedule when low volumes require leaving early
What You Will Need:
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
· Experience in quantity food production
· Experience with cooking in high volume kitchen or restaurant
Under the general direction of the Nutrition Service Team Leader, the Cook is responsible for the preparation of hot food items as determined by the daily menus following standardized recipes. Is a team player who displays goods decision-making, excellent communication skills, and a professional manner in all aspects of work. Utilizes and manages resources appropriately and ensures food safety is performed at all times. Performs areas sanitation tasks including cleaning of all cooking equipment and work stations
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.