AdventHealth Customer Service Specialist Cardiology Clinic Relief in Shawnee, Kansas
Customer Service Specialist Cardiology Clinic AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shawnee Mission Medical Building
9119 W. 74thStreet; Suite 150, Merriam, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite childcare center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Relief – As needed
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Demonstrates good judgment in routing/answering phone call; assures that all in-coming calls are answered and screened, then directed to the appropriate area and that messages are relayed timely and to the appropriate area.
- Maintains a pleasant, caring attitude when communicating with guests and patients through face to face, or phone contact.
- Works collaboratively with Leadership to provide accurate and timely projects.
- Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of the Medical Center.
- Models ethical behavior in decision making.
- Maintains confidentiality of medical records and other confidential information.
- Adheres to the system Corporate Compliance plan, and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
- Coordinates necessary copying and printing for the department.
- Organizes and maintains department filing system.
- Processes and distributes incoming, outgoing and interoffice mail, including faxes.
- Suggests ways to improve department services.
- May participate in the orientation of new employees as appropriate.
- Keeps updated on current office software needed to perform essential job needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge and maintenance of office equipment including phone system, photocopier, computer, fax machine and calculator.
- Demonstrated ability to perform all office/support duties even those not performed on a daily basis.
- Exhibits good judgment and time management skills to accomplish daily tasks.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Up to 1 Year of Experience
The Customer Service Specialist is an accountable member of a patient care team. Accountable for clerical and supportive functions which contribute to the smooth operation of interoffice systems generated by patient care activities. Responsibilities may include answering incoming phone calls, greeting individuals coming into the department, checking patients in via the computer, collecting applicable co-pay, deductibles and/or coinsurance amounts from patients; post payments; scheduling appointments and/or follow-up appointments; making new patient folders
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Financial Services
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.