CV Tech II– AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, $5000 Sign on Bonus
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full-Time Days
$5000 Sign on Bonus
On Call Rotation
Location: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
Under the direction of a cardiologist or vascular surgeon, the cath lab technologist II performs cardiology and all vascular procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. The Cath Lab Technologist II performs a variety of cardiovascular technical procedures that require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. In addition, the Cath Lab technologist II is trained and/or certified by appropriate institutions to load TAVR valves, to scrub, monitor and circulate in TAVR cases, PFO/ASD, mitral clip, LAA, and other structural heart procedures andThe Cath Lab Technologist II is also trained to perform advanced vascular cases inclusive of peripheral and EVAR or is trained to function in all advanced electrophysiology roles. The Cath Lab Technologist II possess the knowledge and demonstrates leadership skills to train and educate others on the team to advance their skill set to adopt to these technologies.
A four-week notice is required for the resignation/transfer, as well as any change in employment status resulting in decreased hours worked. Able to take call as required by department/hospital and responds in hospital within 30 minutes.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, and performs hand hygiene according to accepted standards of care. Identifies and prepares patient using aseptic technique as dictated by procedure ordered. Demonstrates awareness of hazards which may endanger patients. Ensures adherence to regulatory standards and enforces safety regulations. Annually meets all required department specific competencies.
· Verifies orders and facilitates implementation, communicating with physicians as needed. Performs treatments according to policy and training. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions. Performs within the bounds of applicable scope of practice for Cardiovascular Interventional technologists. Facilitates timely patient throughput.
· Produces an accurately written, promptly completed medical record for each patient based on the scope and complexity of the intervention procedure and patient clinical conditions. Maintains authenticity and security of the record, and follows prescribed process for amending documents.
· Responsible and accountable for participation in quality and performance improvement activities with the goal to improve patient outcomes. Accurately documents and monitors activities as needed. Participates in unit/service line budgeting processes to ensure a cost effective, quality focused environment. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
· May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, must have approved competency and documented (copy of transcript) at the time of Shawnee Mission Medical Center non-waived Point of Care training.
· Performs effectively in all three procedural roles (monitor, scrub, circulate) as required in therapeutic cardiovascular team based procedures or performs effectively in all three roles in the electrophysiology lab within professional scope of practice.
· Proficient in all cardiac and vascular procedures.
· Proficient and performs effectively in all required technical duties/all three procedural roles (monitor, circulate, scrub) for advanced Cardiovascular procedures, such as TAVR, Mitral Clips, PFO closures, and other structural heart procedures and all advanced vascular procedures including EVAR, in addition to maintaining clinical expertise in diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular procedures or Proficient in all required technical duties for advanced electrophysiology studies such as Afib ablation, VT ablation, etc. Takes call as rotated/assigned and responds (in hospital) within 30 minutes.
· Learns and upgrades skills. Supervises other health care team members in the clinical setting. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and education of a new personnel.
· Demonstrates cross-functional abilities
· Demonstrates leadership skills and knowledge base to educate and train other members of the team in routine, interventional, and advanced CV procedures
· Takes initiative to be informed about new equipment, technology, forms, credentialing and practice changes, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
· Facilitates a culture of teamwork, cohesiveness, and excellence.
· Performs all cardiovascular procedures according to hospital and department policies
· As a technologist scrubs in and assists physicians utilizing sterile technique
· Sets-up, operates, and maintains equipment and supplies for each procedures.
· Holds pressure on arterial and venous sites and applies sterile dressing to puncture site after hemostasis is achieved.
· Assists physicians in invasive cardiology and peripheral vascular procedures.
· Administers contrast media competently.
· As a technologist, preps patient for sterile procedure and maintains sterile field, selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis for each examination.
· Transfers and positions patients; applies sterile dressing to injection site, cleans and disinfects equipment in procedure room.
· Maintains physiological monitoring equipment and supplies, prepares room for procedure (including sterile field), selects proper catheters and guide wires for each procedure, provides immobilization devices as required, operates Injector; selects proper pressure, rates and volume for each injection, operates and maintains equipment, calculates catheter data, administers opaque media appropriately.
· Uses good body mechanics when transferring patients. Transfers and positions patient’s pre and post procedure.
· Takes scheduled emergency call and arrives within 30 minutes per department policy.
· Follows the “Standards of Behavior” guidelines per hospital policy.
· Facilitates efficiency in the lab to accommodate procedures in a timely fashion for optimum patient care and service.
· Follows AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank) at all times.
· Demonstrates commitment to Personal Professional Development.
· Maintains accurate record of each procedure done.
· Attends a minimum of 75% of scheduled department meetings and is accountable for obtaining information from missed meetings.
· Utilizes PACS and Q-Site in an effective manner. .
· Performs QA according to department policy
· Understand and communicate job duties effectively.
· Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis for each exam.
· Able to perform job related tasks with minimal supervision.
· Utilizes public relation skills when interacting with our customers.
· Monitors ECG during procedure and reports changes to physician.
· Accurately documents procedure log and accurately documents product used during procedure
· Accurately documents fluoro time of MilliGray.
· Demonstrates fiduciary responsibility to organization through appropriate charging and use of supplies. Does not cause excessive waste of products or supplies.
· All equipment and supplies are maintained and ordered as necessary, giving consideration to budget, current inventory, hospital procedure and guidelines.
· Enters the appropriate charge for each procedure or seeks assistance if unsure.
· Attendance patterns reflect commitment to job requirements and patient care needs.
· Professional appearance is in accordance with dress code standards.
· Demonstrates collaborative behaviors with members of the health care team.
· Demonstrates alertness to safety hazards with equipment. Recognizes equipment malfunctions, removes that equipment from service and notifies Facilities Management/Biomed immediately for repair assistance
· Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
· Performs daily QA of imaging/hemo-dynamic monitoring equipment
· Takes initiative to complete mandatory job requirement, assumes responsibility for role.
· Participates in department Performance Improvement
· Adheres to radiation safety standards.
· Conforms to OSHA universal precautions standards.
· Supports and adheres to organizational policies, procedures, and protocols.
· Maintains ethical relationship and cooperation with all personnel in proper conduct of department and hospital.
· Preps patient for sterile procedure and maintains a sterile field.
· Cleans and disinfects equipment/room after each procedure.
· Recognizes the inherent value and unique contribution of each individual. Demonstrates ability to perform duties in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet team productivity goals.
· Uses downtime to complete tasks such as order and charge entry or special projects, otherwise goes home early to reduce non-productive work time or overtime.
· Demonstrates patient advocacy and the ability to promote patient satisfaction. Utilizes the L isten, A pologize, S olve, T hank model to address patient/family (or customer) care concerns.
· Demonstrates competency in AIDET
· Working cooperatively within the work group and with other services, and
· Supporting an inclusive environment in which everyone can fully contribute to the organization.
· Maintain an unwavering commitment to standards of ethical behavior and honesty
· Maintaining confidentiality of patient and business information,
· Maintaining unwavering commitment to the highest standards of character,
· Providing conscientious commitment to assigned work,
· Being a trustworthy associate and co-worker,
· Recognizing and managing risks,
· Communicating honestly with everyone, and
· Verbally and behaviorally supporting Medical Center mission and values.
· Commits to satisfying the needs of others beyond their expectation
· Anticipating and addressing the needs of customers
· Assuming additional responsibilities to support team efforts,
· Assisting others where possible to bring about positive outcomes,
· Demonstrates a helpful attitude and purpose towards customers
· Resolves issues and problems as soon as they arise.
· Demonstrates positive service recovery
· Engage in the continuous pursuit of acclaimed quality and hold to the ideals of extraordinary care
· Using past experiences as a learning process and sharing those experiences with others,
· Seizing learning opportunities to improve personal effectiveness,
· Demonstrating knowledge of performance improvement,
· Participating in decision-making processes.
· Manage resources wisely in order to provide high quality health services both now and in the future.
· Utilizing the time and talents of others effectively,
· Maximizing the use of all resources in a cost-effective manner,
· Come to work alert and attentive to patients, customers, and co-workers and remain so throughout the day
· Fulfills work schedule commitments.
· Basic arrhythmia interpretation
· American Heart Association Health Care BLS
· American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Advanced levels of ECG training and arrhythmia interpretation
· Computer knowledge and skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
· 2+ years Position Related Experience or 1 year Electrophysiology experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ Years of Position-Related Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) OR
· Registered Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) and Kansas Licensed Radiologic Technologist (LRT) OR
· Kansas Registered Nurse License and Kansas Licensed Radiologic Technologist (LRT) OR
· Licensed RRT, RCIS (Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist) or RCES (Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International or RN with RCES or RN
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Vendor certified for loading TAVR valves
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Cath Lab/Special Procedures
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23035060
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $29.95 - $47.92
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 23035060
Job Family: Cath Lab/Special Procedures
Shift: 1 - Day