Diet Clerk – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: 5am - 1:30pm or 10am - 6:30pm, and every other weekend
Shift : Days
Location: 9100 W 74th St, Shawnee Mission, 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. The diet clerk answers calls, enters patient menu selections, utilizes knowledge of therapeutic diets, and serves patients of diverse ages, cultures, and backgrounds. The diet clerk utilizes a computerized diet office application; is responsible for patient experience statistical metrics; updates patient accounts, verifies orders, prints tallies and tray tickets, generates reports, and enters metrics and financial drivers.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Utilizes the electronic health record and foodservice/diet office applications to retrieve patient information and process nutrition orders to include diet orders, food allergies, oral nutrition supplements, and tube feedings.
· Responds to a high volume of calls from customers to include patients, visitors, nurses, and other healthcare staff to problem solve, answer questions, address needs, and offer service recovery.
· Applies knowledge of therapeutic diets and diet office application expertise to guide customers to select food items that align with the provider prescription.
· Creates foodservice production reports to inform supply and labor utilization for patient tray production.
· May generate patient tray tickets, patient labels, and hospital population reports.
· May process and bill for unit order transfer requisitions from patient units for food supplies.
· Collects data for, generates, and submits the Meal Count Volume report for conversion to meal equivalents to support budget and benchmarking.
· Responsible for customer service and foodservice operations support.
· Checks for discharges and transfers, and diet order accuracy.
· Manages electronic communication and reports.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
Excellent communication skills
Ability to apply therapeutic diet parameters.
Ability to explain nutrition related queries and have sound understanding of all the related terms.
Ability to use common software applications and hardware (e.g., iPad, ToughBook)
Ability to complete multiple detail-oriented task/responsibilities in time sensitive environment.
· Ability to communicate in English and understand food service terms.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED :
· Bilingual (English and Spanish)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Two years of customer service experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
· Previous call center or diet office experience
· Associate’s degree in management, liberal arts, food and nutrition or business
· Previous Healthcare foodservice experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· May be required to obtain and maintain state specific certifications.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
· ServSafe Food Handler Certification or equivalent
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24001081
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $15 - $20.44
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 24001081
Job Family: Nutritional Services
Shift: 1 - Day