AdventHealth Diet Office and Host Nutrition Services FT in Shawnee, Kansas
Diet Office Clerk AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74th Street, Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
- Understands and adheres to all food safety/sanitation standards related to the position.
- Demonstrates proper sanitation procedures related to hand washing (when, how), hair restraints, gloves (single use), ice machine procedures
- Demonstrates basic understanding of infectious diseases that relate to cleaning, use of hand sanitizers, and hand washing.
- Understands cleaning chemicals and their properties as they relate to their position including Quat sanitizer standards and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper cleaning and sanitizing; removing debris from surface, sanitizing work area properly.
- Understands kitchen hazards (burns, cuts, slips & falls, PPE) and ensures a safe working environment by following training/safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of food temperature danger zone.
- Demonstrates safety guidelines in the kitchen including knowledge of emergency exits, fire extinguisher use, and emergency preparedness.
- Demonstrates understanding of and adheres to all procedures regarding processing diet order information.
- Demonstrates consistency in following job specific routines.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to perform job functions and personal interactions.
- Is able to use all communication tools and methods necessary to complete required tasks.
- Identifies problems in a timely manner to the Team Leader, Manager or Chef as appropriate.
- Ensures prompt response to requests for products and follows up if delays or product availability problems are identified.
- Assumes additional responsibilities to support team efforts when necessary.
- Is knowledgeable on Computrition software programs as related to job functions and keeps updated on new features.
- Reports issues small and large to Manager or Data System Specialist to improve the overall operations of the system and improve patient satisfaction.
- Maintains professional behavior and appearance at all times in the workplace through grooming, dress, language and non-verbal behavior.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills for appropriate communication and courtesy using AIDET in customer interaction and LAST in service recovery situations.
- Understands and utilizes "managing up" products, services, associates, departments.
- Answers the phone with a helpful attitude, processes requests and records phone calls.
- Understands basic diet information, and is able to assist patients' requests, discusses as needed with nursing and/or dietitians.
- Strives to go above and beyond the customer's expectations and tries to satisfy the patient's needs even when it is outside the normal routine.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Touch Point Dining and diet principles to fulfill patient requests.
- Follows diet office routine to ensure reports, tally guides, nourishment sheets/labels, tube feedings and tray tickets are produced in an efficient, timely manner and is error free.
- Understands and adheres to all HIPPA regulations
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Understands and demonstrates proper use and troubleshooting of all equipment necessary to perform functions of the job.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Up to 1 Year of Position-Related Experience
The Nutrition Care Assistant assist in nutritional care of patients with emphasis on hospitality. Responsible for processing patient diet orders, patient requests and consultations via the computer. Responsible for correcting and processing menus, preparing the meal count, running necessary computer programs, and coordinating the messages coming into the Diet Office. Responds over the phone to patient and nursing requests in a professional, cheerful, caring and helpful manner. Enters patient information provided by the Nutrition Services Ambassador I and Clinical Dietitians. Works closely with the Clinical Dietitians. Possesses excellent time management and customer service skills to meet patient needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.