Director of Community Benefit - AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Shift : 40 hours a week; Days
Location: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Director of Community Benefit extends the mission of AdventHealth beyond the hospital walls to support public health and health equity initiatives through the development of the Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) and the Community Health Plan (CHP). Additionally, this position is responsible for directing and tracking engagement and interaction with community stakeholders that help support the organization’s mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ. This position is responsible for producing and adhering to all federal and state requirements for the Community Health Plan process while also working with leadership at the regional, divisional, and corporate levels.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Responsible for all aspects in the development and publishing of the CHNA and CHP for all hospitals in the Mid-America Region (Shawnee Mission, South Overland Park, Ottawa, as well as future growth in the Kansas City market)
· Works with corporate and division to meet all CHNA and CHP requirements while ensuring consistency in themes, presentation, and reporting
· Organizes and manages all required committees and oversight boards needed to achieve the objectives and requirements of the CHNA/CHP
· Provides regular updates and reports as required and requested to senior leadership including hospital and regional executive teams and Board of Directors
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Bachelor’s degree in Community Health, Public Administration, Business, Marketing, or related field (Master’s Degree Preferred)
· Five years of experience in healthcare, public health, or non-profit agency
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Marketing & Communications
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23037465
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $48.009 - $76.814
Location: Shawnee, KS
Job ID: 23037465
Job Family: Marketing & Communications
Shift: 1 - Day