AdventHealth Director of Physician Relations and Business Development in Shawnee, Kansas
Director of Physician Relations and Business Development AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits Available Day One
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite childcare center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
- Manages and directs the Business Development, Physician Relations, and department employees. Guides the implementation of strategic physician marketing plans and development and, understanding profitability, sets appropriate tracking mechanisms to achieve goals.
- Communicates strategic initiatives and their outcomes to Senior Management
- Executes a focused management of the team that represents the hospitals and various service lines within the central region to ensure strategic development and implementation of marketing plans for Senior Management.
- Works closely with consumer marketing leadership to coordinate strategic initiatives and implementation thereof, ensuring alignment between consumer and physician endeavors to support Senior Management business plan.
- Develops and directs Physician Relations team activities, enhancing professional growth and development of team members through educational curriculum/workshops, tools, etc. and ensures full participation in organizational imperatives (e.g. diversity training, etc.)
- Monitors and guides activities that will assist in accomplishing quarterly accountabilities as well as specific campus goals, along with providing direction in personal development.
- Responsible for range of HR oversight- hiring, firing, development of new positions and job descriptions, annual evaluations, training programs, etc.
- Consults with Strategic Planning, AdventHealth, and Marketing in creating of physician relations teams, training of staff, etc. as needed.
- Oversees implementation of marketing dollars, ensuring management to an approximately $1.2 million annual budget
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years strong sales and management experience
- Current, valid State of Kansas or Missouri driver’s license
The Director of Physician Relations and Business Development is responsible for growing market share by working with hospital leaders to create and implement business development initiatives in conjunction with the facility’s strategic plan and priorities. This position will serve as the catalyst for driving service line growth by developing and executing referral growth strategies and strengthening physician alignment. In addition, this position will work Administrators on various business development and strategic opportunities as needed.
The Director of Physician Relations and Business Development will also have oversight of the Physician Relations department to maintain relationships and referral patterns with the hospital and look for new opportunities to bring physicians to the SMH system.
Lastly, the Director of Physician Relations and Business Development will work closely with the Marketing department to ensure relevant strategic goals are communicated both internally and externally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.